X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal
      Glad it’s going well. I’ve had 2 hearniated disk for about 9 years already lucky for me they are usually tolerable, but not getting any better. Prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Comment

I have 4 procedures at L4-L5, go SLOOOOWWW. good luck!

Comment

Went for my 2 week followup today. Doc said ill be off the truck at work until August. Gonna do as he says. He said I don’t have to schedule PT if I don’t want to. Also said I can ride rides at Disney and Universal with My 6 year old this week. Yayyyyy

Comment

Praise the Lord for this report Stephanie! You take it easy on those rides girl!! Don't need any setbacks!!

Comment

Steered clear of any rollercoasters at Disney and Universal although Doc said I could try them out...

I am back in the gym. Not cleared to lift over 10 lbs but Doc said running is ok. Been running at least 3 miles everyday and I feel AMAZZZZINGGGGG!!!

Best medical decision I’ve made for myself and my family.

Comment

So glad for you Stephanie...you deserve a break gal. Congrats.

Comment

Take care of yourself.

Comment

Prayers lifted for you Stephanie.

Comment

Atta girl Steph! Sure glad to see this report. Also glad you were able to pull Hoo the Disney trip.
                      May God continue your healing and continue your blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                        Steered clear of any rollercoasters at Disney and Universal although Doc said I could try them out...

I am back in the gym. Not cleared to lift over 10 lbs but Doc said running is ok. Been running at least 3 miles everyday and I feel AMAZZZZINGGGGG!!!

Best medical decision I’ve made for myself and my family.
                        Keep going strong Stephanie. New sight, New back, New legs, New OUTLOOK

Wonderful news for you and family

Comment

Haven’t followed up in a while. I’m not sure where I left off. So...

I went back to my FD shift 3 months post surgery in May 2019.

I reherniated my disc in October 2019.
                          I had the same surgery done in December 2019.

RascalArms posted a thread about it here:

During the surgery my S1 nerve root was severed and I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak that left me immobile. They patched me up. I was in the hospital for a minute and they went they went thru my abdomen and did a fusion on my spine.

Lots of recovery since then.
                          Wheelchair to learning to walk again with a walker to eventually doing it on my own.
                          (shout out to those several TBH members that helped tend to my house and yard during this time of need! 100% I’ll forever be in your debt.)

LOTS OF PHYSICAL TORTURE, I mean THERAPY.
                          Crazy how I went from not being able to sweep my house floors to doing squats on a Bosu Ball at therapy.

My doc released me to go to light duty at work 3 months after my 3rd surgery.
                          I have to wear the Mack daddy back brace but I’m doing it.

Anyways, it’s almost 5 months post surgery and the doc cleared me for a light jog. So we tried it at therapy yesterday.

So, I jogged yesterday for the first time since surgery while I was at PT! It wasn’t for long but we just wanted to make sure it didn’t create any symptoms!

And I’m happy to announce No PAIN!
                          No back pain. No leg pain. Almost good as gold again.

YAYYYYYYY!!

I followup with my neuro in 2 months to find out about when I can go back to shift. If you asked me if I was ready now, I’d honestly say no. I’m 2 years into my career and I have 18+ years to go. Don’t need to jack myself up again and ruin it all.

Thanks for all the support and love and I appreciate my TBH family.

Comment

Way to go. Glad you are getting better every day.

Comment

Atta boy girl! You hang in there Steph. A few 12oz. curls will help with the pain too so there's that!

Still got you on my prayer list...

Comment

Back surgery was the best thing I ever did!!! Not fun the first month or so after, but way better I the long run. You’ll be stiff especially at first but it will get very tolerable

Comment

Working...
                                X