Olympic Breakdancing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Breakdancing?

Watching the CWS and noticed a blurb on the reader saying something about the Olympic debut of breakdancing. Didn't believe what I was seeing and had to look it up. Yep, it has been provisionally approved as an Olympic event.

What the what!?!?!

Paris wants to add three other sports to its program, including skateboarding, sport climbing and surfing

Anything that relies on anything other than a quantifiable score and not some judge's "judgement and opinion" isn't an olympic sport IMO. That means ice dancing, skating other than speed skating, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, etc---nope.

Comment

Is that still a thing in the new millennium?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Is that still a thing in the new millennium?
        I thought it went out with the 80's

Comment

There is a dude at my gym that claims he has a good shot at the Olympic team. He showed me his YouTube Channel... the dude can move in ways that just hurt to think about and I am in **** good shape.

So, yeah it apparently is still a thing even though it was news to me up until about 3 months ago.

Comment

Total FUBAR.

Comment

Sounds like one helluva Electric Boogaloo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30 years too late! Haaaa
                Hard to believe.
                Cappuccino makin will be next on the list

Comment

May be the most stupid shi! I have ever heard of in my life........

Comment

The Olympics should include real athletes and athletic events only. Freestyle snowboarding, break dancing, and other BS is just pathetic. I haven't watched the Olympics in many years and don't plan on starting anytime soon.

Comment

Stupid stupid stupid..

Wasn’t baseball and softball removed from Olympic play? But they are adding breakdancing? Garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Anything that relies on anything other than a quantifiable score and not some judge's "judgement and opinion" isn't an olympic sport IMO. That means ice dancing, skating other than speed skating, gymnastics, synchronized swimming, etc---nope.
                        zacklee

Comment

Hmmm. Time to break out my old piece of cardboard and start training.

Comment

Cornhole and beer pong should be added!

Comment

I'm still loving the ribbon dancing thingy!!! All in all, it don't matter as I choose the events I want to see anyway...……..at that is very few...…...and seldom!

Comment

Working...
                              X