2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall0 View Post
    Quick question. My son is 10 and needs a new 1st base glove. Big difference between a2000 and youth heart of the hide? Smaller opening for hand needed on hoh or no?

Thanks
    The 12" Wilson A900 is actually a killer first baseman mitt. We have one.

Wilson youth first base mitts are intended for a younger, more advanced ball player who is looking to take their game to the next level. The A900 series is just what the doctor ordered to help get an edge on the diamond. Each model offers a cool, old-school look with the dark brown, full leather construction that comes game ready with absolutely zero break-in period. If you're sick and tired of having a sore wrist and knuckles from an extensive break-in, the A900 is just what you need. From day one, these mitts are ready to go when you are. Plus, Wilson has applied their double palm construction on the front side of each design to help add extra stability and a low profile heel that allows for easier closure and less rebound on bad hops so that you can make that scoop at first base without fail. Wilson: The Players' Choice! This Wilson A900 youth first base mitt (WTA09RB18BM12) comes with a 12.00-inch pattern, a single post web, and a conventional open back that offers a traditional look. Give yourself an edge at first base and order one of these Wilson A900 mitts today with free shipping and a 100 Day Love Your Glove Guarantee. Don't forget, we're here from click to catch!

Comment

2-0 at scrapyard tourney with #1 seed goin in to tomorrow... boys played good ball today..
      Its hot.
      Last edited by systemnt; 06-01-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Best post reply ive ever seen on a travel ball fb group..

Comment

My sons 14U team went 2-0 yesterday going in #1 seed today. My son pitched the second game all 5 innings allowing only one run. Team won 11-1

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
            My sons 14U team went 2-0 yesterday going in #1 seed today. My son pitched the second game all 5 innings allowing only one run. Team won 11-1
            Congrats to him and his team! All those hours in the back yard are paying off!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was wrong.. yesterday wasnt hot
              Today is .

One game down.
              Movin on

Comment

It was hot but the boys didn’t care!
                Dominated all day... went out big in the ship 15-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  It was hot but the boys didn’t care!
                  Dominated all day... went out big in the ship 15-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Congrats!!

Comment

My 13 year olds team had a solid weekend, but fell to the Banditos in the semis at BBUSA. One more next weekend then off to gulf shores for the last one and a mini vacation!

Comment

Great job fellas! Brock and the 11s lost yesterday morning and then went 5-0 the rest of the way, starting at 8am and finished it off tonight at about 1030����

He has been in a groove at the plate the last 3-4 tournaments and played a hell of a game at catcher tonight in the championship, it was hot but it was a great weekend of baseball.
                      Last edited by jshouse; 06-02-2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

They had 7 hours between games today and I was with Logan at practice so moms get together and decide to kill some time... [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to the ship..and battled a really good clean team..came up short with tying run on 3rd...
                          Tan got (our teams) MVP of the tourney...played his heart out.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Ditto.. two of our kids use the a2000 but i have no idea why
                            My son uses the a2000 and he loves it. His is a shorter, stiff glove he finds easier to field infield ground balls. $20 or $250, it comes down to what you can afford and what works best for your kid.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                              My son-in-law sent me this. He may have got it off facebook. Just a reminder.

So you think throwing 120 pitches in a game as a 12 year old is ok? Of course it doesn't hurt the kid that day. But it might when he's 17. After I stopped being Matts coach at age 14, I allowed coaches to over use him. I take the blame. I knew his pitch counts like my own SSN. And because I didn't want to embarrass him or have his coaches think I'm a crazy dad, I let him throw until the coach decided to pull him. And often times that was after the game ended. Here is what can happen. "Tommy John" surgery at age 17. If your kid is a pitcher, never let him throw more than the recommended pitch count. I'd say 80 until 14. Then 90 until 16.
                              Don't throw all summer, then Fall Ball, then winter workouts, then HS ball, then start all over again. Take 4 month breaks.
                              That's terrible. I hope he can recover fully. My son is 12 and I try and limit him to 50 pitches, not more than 60.

Comment

a scenario for you guys....

so the tourney we just played was a 4gg, double elim, so the possibility of playing 6-7 games was there for some teams. we were missing one of our top pitchers and picked up a kid (that can pitch and normally plays 12u) for the weekend, keeping us at 11. we were lucky enough to win the first 2 sunday and had a break before our championship game and still had one of our top guys ready to go, even with us playing 3 games saturday. we had 2 boys step and throw complete games saturday that helped us out a ton.

the team we played in the championship played 1 game saturday and were on game 4 on sunday against us last night, and 10mins before game time a car pulls up and drops off a kid in their uniform that walks over to the field and grabs a ball and warms up to pitch. we played them earlier in the day and he wasnt on the roster, he hadnt been there all weekend, however this wasnt a sanctioned event so they added him before the game and there we were.

none of us had seen the kid before (by now we tend to know or at least recognize a lot of the kids we see every weekend) and after watching him throw a bit we assumed he was an older 11u kid that had been playing 12u, he was throwing gas and had a great curve and changeup.

we had some parents that werent happy about it at all lol, and honestly i feel that its a little BS, even if they were going to use the excuse of "we dont have any pitching left," they still had 2-3 kids left that hadnt thrown all weekend, they were just kids that dont normally pitch.

but on the flip side, i was saying that as long as he is a legit 11u qualified kid, who cares, its not like he is 13, he is the same age as our kids, even though him and the catcher couldnt get the signs right, its not that big of a deal, go beat him.

now, did it make me want to beat them a little more, sure, and we got to him for 3 runs before they pulled him, but i kind of feel like if we are playing majors baseball we should expect and hope to play the best competition...right?

Comment

Working...
                                X