Savage prairie hunter 224 valk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage prairie hunter 224 valk

Anyone planning on trying out the new savage 110 224 Valkyrie bolt gun? I see a couple places online where they show to be in stock.

I think it would be a pretty sweet trainer for longer range targets. And soft enough on recoil that my kids will be able to shoot when they get a little bigger.

That would be a cool round to have in a bolt gun. I have thought about buying a 224 Valkyrie barrel and putting it on one of my ARs, just to see what the round is like. That would be the cheapest way for me to try out the round.

Comment

My buddy has one in an AR platform shooting 88gr eld-m and it shoots very well. We were shooting out to about 550 hitting milk jugs. It has a very unfair advantage over the .223 bolt gun shooting 75gr hornady black. We were holding half the wind with the valk compaired to the 223.

Comment

Silentnight has seen what mine will do in a cheap PSA AR. The javi was at 315 yds and the head shot on the steel yote was a called shot at just over 500 yds with the 88 gr ELDM hornady factory stuff.

I have read about a lot of accuracy issues with some of the earlier barrels. Mine is a PSA 1:7 twist pretty lightweight barrel i got as a complete upper last summer. It shoots 1/2 to 3/4 moa when it's pretty clean. (Doesn't like to be too dirty it seems)

But for a $600 ish complete AR it is plenty accurate.

Very fun to shoot at longer ranges and read wind without burning up my other bigger guns and ammo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That dome shot was straight up dirty. That was a great day

Comment

Working...
          X