3/4 ton trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/4 ton trucks

Just wondering what makes everyone decide they have to have a diesel truck. I drive a 2006 gmc 3/4 ton 6.0 and haul round bales, cattle, camper trailer, etc without issue. Now I am also not an 80mph driver when I’m unloaded so maybe that’s the difference, and I have driven diesel and only noticed a little faster acceleration towing. Just thought I’d ask since you hear how much more diesel trucks and diesel maintenance cost as a way to take up some of this rainy downtime, not meant to start a gas vs diesel war.
    Thanks guys and stay dry,
    Tyler

All the cool kids drive diesels

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      All the cool kids drive diesels
      That has always been my though. Guess I was raised that way. But hey we used to mow 40 acres with a 3 wheel Farm-all, no brakes and a 5 foot shredder. Man those where the days

Comment

Them kids like to roll that coal!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

More power, better mpg while towing, longevity/durability of engine, longer maintenance intervals than a gas engine. It's also a longer life/easier to store fuel.

Comment

everybody out here likes to raise them 6 inches, put lights all over them. they never use them for towing but just gotta have a diesel. the posted limit is 80 anyway so they drive 10 - 20 over that with all their lights on and act like their manhood will fall off if they have to slow down for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                More power, better mpg while towing, longevity/durability of engine, longer maintenance intervals than a gas engine. It's also a longer life/easier to store fuel.
                x2. I owned a 6.0 gas chevy and it doesn't hold a candle to any of my diesels I've owned. fuel mileage and power didn't even compare. I'm not trying to bash your rig, but it's worth buying a diesel if you want/need a 3/4 or 1 ton.
                Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-10-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I don’t feel like your bashing me at all, I just asked y’all as someday I will have to get a new pickup and the more I learn from everyone the better.
                  Thanks,
                  Tyler

Comment

I pull a travel trailer 15-20 times a year. That's enough for me to warrant it.

If I didn't, I probably would have an F-150 or a Tundra.
                    Last edited by rferg84; 05-10-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

04 6.0 gasser here and its a ****. It was great with low miles but now it wont get out of its own way. Long bed also. 200k on it. My next one is going to be a diesel so I dont have to replace it at 200k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you noticed the 20 year old gas trucks on this site selling for **** near what they were new? Ya, me neither [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKP1991 View Post
                          I don’t feel like your bashing me at all, I just asked y’all as someday I will have to get a new pickup and the more I learn from everyone the better.
                          Thanks,
                          Tyler

I guess it depends on how often you need it. Sure a 3/4 ton gasser can get the job done but at what price. I drive a duramax 1 ton and use it for its purposes at least 3 days a week. I like the reliability of being loaded down and getting on the freeway in rush hour traffic and not feeling like i am destroying the truck. Just my tAke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tried that kool-aid,been driving diesel since 2002.When I decided to get rid of my 2017 f350. I thought to myself that I could get by with a 3/4 ton gas.So I went and got 2018 2500 Ram with the 6.4 Hemi. One of the worst mistakes I have ever made. I don't pull a lot of weight, but let me tell you a 20 foot trailer with a Polaris Crew in it,well it was all that truck could handle. I would have to lock out 6th gear so it would hunt gears all day and managed to get a whopping 8.7 miles to the gallon.I was going to use more money to keep it filled up with gas than the diesel engine option cost.I traded that truck in within 3000 miles and went back to 2019 F350 diesel and will never make that mistake again.Just my .02 cents.

Comment

I pay the note, so I reckon I can choose to drive what I want. Bought my first diesel last August and love it. I pull my camper and 20 lowboy and love the power. Doesn't even compare to the hemi I had.

Comment

Working...
                              X