Little League All Star selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gus35 View Post
    I am the President of a Local Little League, they can't force your son to play up and can't hold it against him if he(you) don't want him to play up. I'm sorry, but that sounds shady to me. Just my opinion. Hopefully they make it right for your son, best of luck!
    X2. Strong arm tactic no doubt. My son played both tournaments at that age since the 9 tourney was over by the time the 9/10 tournament started. That's ALOT of baseball and I don't recommend it. Lol. This situation happens all the time and it won't be any different when you guys get to majors division. Good luck in whatever decision you guys decide!

Comment

Which team gets the best treats after a game and have him stay with his age group.

Comment

Gee, let me guess....the coach who is strong arming you has a kid on the 10 year old group and he wants to stack that team so his boy can be on a team with a better chance to win a few games?

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, I guess I’m in a good situation kinda! I have confirmed that it isn’t a Little League rule and I’ll fight it if need be. As far as the other coach goes, I refuse to have my kid play on a team that disrespects the game, my sons will play with respect for the game, the other team, and his team mates no matter who the coach is.

Comment

What does your son want to do?

I was put in a similar situation as a kid. My parents left the decision up to me and I chose to play with the next level up. I still started, competed well, had a blast, and saw better competition. I had also played ball with that group of boys for several years already, they just happened to be in that older bracket for that one year. Playing the next level up was a good choice.

However, the coaches were good people we’d known for several years already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do what you and your son want. Understand that there is often a certain amount of politics involved in local little leagues. I don't believe either age group you mention can advance beyond about the city or district level (such as to state or Williamsport for the World Series). Also, know that you have options in select ball if unhappy with the LL program. We had a good local LL program and went all the way to Texas East (the state tournament -- Texas has so many LL programs that it's divided into two "states": East and West) with our 11-year-old group one year. We also played in a select program. All involved in LL and select were mindful of arm protection, player safety and sportsmanship. Son is now finishing his senior season as a college pitcher.

Comment

Working...
              X