Bowtech explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I don't have a whole lot of archery experience, but every time I've seen one "blow up", derail, etc...there was a person involved with a draw board, a scale, a press, a ridiculous grip/torque, dry fire, etc...and every time, it was the result of something the person had done wrong. . Not once have I entered the shop and seen one "blown up" from just hanging there. Lol!!

Just my personal experience. I'm sure they just blow up on their own sometimes.
    Grip was fine, torque definitely wasn't an issue, no dry fires, and it came apart at 65lbs so none of these were an issue. On another note anybody want a used bow with a brand spanking new set of limbs?? Lol

Comment

I own a insanity cpx myself and haven't had any issues

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
        Grip was fine, torque definitely wasn't an issue, no dry fires, and it came apart at 65lbs so none of these were an issue. On another note anybody want a used bow with a brand spanking new set of limbs?? Lol
        Lol!! You may wanna start a thread with a different title for selling it.

"Come see the 2016, Bowtech Explosion at your local dealer."
        Last edited by Fishndude; 03-19-2016, 08:58 AM.

Comment

seen two 350 destroyers live up to their name

Comment

[emoji41]
            Am I the only one that sees the humor in fishndudes post
            [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              I don't have a whole lot of archery experience, but every time I've seen one "blow up", derail, etc...there was a person involved with a draw board, a scale, a press, a ridiculous grip/torque, dry fire, etc...and every time, it was the result of something the person had done wrong. . Not once have I entered the shop and seen one "blown up" from just hanging there. Lol!!

Just my personal experience. I'm sure they just blow up on their own sometimes.
              You are right, bows don't just blow up. Usually there is a bad choice made by the shooter. Unfortunately, bow manufacturers are really pushing the limits today, and limbs are being stressed to the max. Eventually they're gonna have some failures. All bow companies have limb failures. There are a few bows out there that each manufacturer has produced, that seem to be bombproof. I own 2 from Bowtech that during the sales life of this bow, I never saw a failure and never had to warranty a single one. This is why I keep shooting this particular bow.

Comment

Wait wait wait....I was assured that Bowtechs never blow up in another thread and that they are the best bows ever.... Certainly this is a unicorn type moment?.....

Comment

[ATTACH]781638[/ATTACH]

Comment

I have seen just about every brand fail. Same as boat motors and the brand loyal arguments made there.

Comment

bowtech and mathews both have the most problems right now,,, not bashing either brand but just being observant of what is going on,,, you rarely see a hoyt with a issue other than splinters and they are way to frequent,,, martin had their problems with bad limbs back in 09,, pse back in the 90's....
                      and not all of them are operator induced,, the majority probably so, but right now bowtech and mathews are having quality problems more so than anyone else........

Comment

The explosion usually happens when the defect is not detected or ignored.

Comment

Bow techs have had a history of delamination. Mine did the same, opened the case and limb was delaminates. It was stored inside at the time.

Comment

Since 01' I've owned, hunted hard, and shot thousands of rounds through:

Bowtech ESD
                            Bowtech ESD with sand filled limb pockets
                            Bowtech patriot
                            Bowtech patriot 3-D
                            Bowtech black knight
                            Bowtech allegiance ( non modular)
                            Bowtech allegiance ( modular)
                            Bowtech admiral flx
                            Bowtech destroyer 350
                            Bowtech insanity
                            Bowtech prodigy

Thousands of shots, never an issue. It happens, I've seen it... From all major manufactures. You want performance it comes with risk. If you want to put NOS on your car it will perform better.. At a price. A smart car get great mileage.. At a price

Comment

Are there any products out there in any field that don't have failures, ever? I am not a BT fan and have never shot one, but any bow I've had, from PSE to Jennings, to Bear, to Browning, to Hoyt, to Mathews -- could have happened with any of them. But, BT seems to have the corner on the failure market based purely on what I see/read on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                All manufacturers who build bows that excel in speed have issues with limbs, split limbs especially. Technology will catch up. Durability will soon be equal to speed.

Ugh, not all.

Comment

Working...
                                X