Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Queen City bourbon/vanilla sweet potato pie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen City bourbon/vanilla sweet potato pie.

I first had this in Charlotte NC and recently found the recipe.

10 good sized sweet potatoes boiled peeled and smashed. Add three pounds of brown sugar, 5oz of bourbon, 2oz of triple sec, four beaten eggs, four cups of flour, and a good pinch of salt. Combine all the
    ingredients and then make a graham cracker crust out of crackers, butter, and sugar. Pour half the mix in a spring form pan on top of the crust and bake on 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.

About half way though the cook top the pie with about a cup of chopped pecans, half a stick of butter, half a cup of brown sugar, and some cinnamon that you have heated up in a pan.

This recipe makes two pies and is absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention add 8oz of vanilla extract to the potato mix.

Comment

Why, I say why in Gods name did you have to show this recipe. Now I know what I will be making for the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Why, I say why in Gods name did you have to show this recipe. Now I know what I will be making for the holidays.

The recipe is for two pies, one is headed with me to work tomorrow for our Christmas lunch. Hope you enjoy it sir.

Comment

Oh my!

Comment

3 pounds of brown sugar????? HOLY F&CK!!!

Comment

Back to the top for the holidays. I'm making this next week for the guys at work, they loved it last year.

Comment

A couple of questions.

1. Is the crust flat on the bottom of the spring form pan or does it come up the sides ?

2. Confirming the recipe is for two so.cut by 50% for one pie ?

Thanks

I am going to experiment with a Louisiana Rice Whiskey Vanilla Sweet Potato Pie.

Comment

Ridiculous

Comment

[QUOTE=dbaio1;n26642242]A couple of questions.

1. Is the crust flat on the bottom of the spring form pan or does it come up the sides ?

2. Confirming the recipe is for two so.cut by 50% for one pie ?

Thanks

I am going to experiment with a Louisiana Rice Whiskey Vanilla Sweet Potato Pie.

[/QUOTE

Comment

Dang. This looks delicious.

Comment

Working...
                      X