No announcement yet.

So. Much. Damage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's unreal. I'm on the west side of Dripping Springs. Four power poles on our private road snapped like toothpicks. They've been working on it for 24 hours. PEC estimates we'll have power back Tuesday. Thank the Lord for pleasant weather and generators.

I've taken a ton of tree damage pics, but none of them capture the magnitude of the devastation. Six acres of live oaks has never seemed so big. We put in 12 hours today and only cleaned out 2 small motts. Going to be a month of work.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

it's just winter. Not new and not global warming. I recon there were some branches that needed culled. and it not unreal either.

Comment

been through many of these during my 70 years in Texas - Mother Nature is pruning your trees for you - it is a mess while you are in it but it all passes by and life goes on -

Comment

OP, I'm right there with you in Pville. We worked in the backyard today. Did as much as we could, but had to hard stop to run to an appointment to get our taxes done.

Not going to lie. My back was glad we tapped out for a brake.

Still need to work on the front. Move the pile from the driveway to the curb as well as dealing with the broken limbs in the front of the house, and meet with the tree service we use. Hoping we can shape the trees still standing.

On the up side we're getting a refun that may need to go in shaping and saving the trees we have left.

Hang in there and drive own.

Comment

4 1/2 acres of the same devastation here at Northlake in Georgetown
            We have a grandson and some of his high school buddies that are earning some extra money, thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I told myself to do a bit of judicious pruning after the last ice storm, but didn't. My trees got hammered by a tornado in March and then the ice storm this week. Dang it, Mother Nature !!

Comment

Our yard had little damage.
                But between neighbors, famy and friends we been cleaning brush all day yesterday, today and prolly everyday till next Friday. Round Rock Gtown and surrounding area

Comment

It’s a total disaster down here. Cut and loaded limbs for a few hours at my Moms in Leander then came back to Liberty hill and cut and loaded limbs at mine and my neighbors place. It looks like a tornado came and smashed the western part of Wilco!

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    Power was just restored, been out since 4:09am on Wednesday.
                    Man, that’s tough. Glad your back on.

Comment

I was cutting limbs from a tree shat split in two and my son was hauling off off broken banches today(after no power for 2 days) and my realtor calls an asked if they could show the house in 2 hours. I said sure...they are welcomed, but I will be working and the house won't be in perfect condition.

turned out to be a good showing. as has been said...our area got hit pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Carpet muncher?
                        Same same Lap Licker

The TBH unabashed dictionary defines it as a person who goes lickity split.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          Still no power here.
                          Same here. Went out Wednesday morning right after coffee was made. What is going on with Navasota Valley??
                          I ran my chainsaw saw all day yesterday. Got everything cut up that is or was in the way. Only damage I have is when a big limb broke and part of it hit my porch, knocking a hole in the roof right in front of the door.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Same same Lap Licker

The TBH unabashed dictionary defines it as a person who goes lickity split.

Hah! Lickity split!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              Same here. Went out Wednesday morning right after coffee was made. What is going on with Navasota Valley??
                              I ran my chainsaw saw all day yesterday. Got everything cut up that is or was in the way. Only damage I have is when a big limb broke and part of it hit my porch, knocking a hole in the roof right in front of the door.
                              Finally got power back at 12:30 today. According to the outage map, we were the last few left.

Comment

Power went out Tuesday night at the home place in limestone county and it was restored bout 15min ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X