Sierra Gamechanger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Looks like a much thicker jacket similar to Hornady Interlocks or Nosler Accubonds. Probably bonded core too.
    Not bonded
    Sierra doesn’t make a bonded bullet , still way tougher then those ELD-X bombs

My M70 .270 shoots the 140gr same as my 130gr Norma medium game oryox loads
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-01-2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I know nothing about them. I don't care for the Game Kings though, prefer the Pro-Hunter style. You would think they would make of those available in more selection of bullet size of .308 but they only offer 3, and none of those are in 165 grn. Is a much better bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
        I know nothing about them. I don't care for the Game Kings though, prefer the Pro-Hunter style. You would think they would make of those available in more selection of bullet size of .308 but they only offer 3, and none of those are in 165 grn. Is a much better bullet.
        Yeah the pro hunters where designed for short- medium range hunting
        All the companies are producing stuff for LRH , eldx, game king , Berger

Comment

I’ve had some good loads for 300WM in 165g. Was somewhere around 3150-3175, I think. Haven’t really played with them much more than initial testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I loaded some 130s up for the 6.5cm. Got them dialed in to .5moa relatively quick with H4350 - 2800 fps

I didn't experience any bang flops even with high shoulder shots. All the deer died, most ran - a few up to 100 yards.

Maybe its the caliber. Best luck I've had with the 6.5 cm is the Barnes 127

YMMV

Comment

I have several boxes of the 64 grain in .223 but I ain't killed anything with them yet. Probably won't switch to those until I'm out of 55 grain bullets. I'd actually forgot I had those until I saw this thread.

Comment

Well out of all of my 243’s I’ve shot and have had wonderful success out of the federal blue boxes in 100 grain but got my hands on the federal that loaded up Sierra gamekings and I absolutely loved that round but they discontinued that ammo combo and so I just recently discover the Sierra gamechangers and was wondering if they were just as accurate and made a similar wound channel compared to the king

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  I have several boxes of the 64 grain in .223 but I ain't killed anything with them yet. Probably won't switch to those until I'm out of 55 grain bullets. I'd actually forgot I had those until I saw this thread.
                  I’d trade you 2 boxes of Sierra 40 hornet bullets for 1 box of those 64 gr bullets.

Comment

I bought the 6.5/130 gr. Tipped Gameking direct from Sierra several months back, but haven't loaded them in anything yet. I intended to load them in my 6.5 PRC, but I've decided to stick with the 130 Accubond or Sirocco for that rifle.

I'm going to use these TGK in my 6.5X55 Barrett Fieldcraft. Sierra doesn't list any load data for it in the Swede, but RL-19 worked very well in that rifle at 47.5 grains so I'll reduce it a little and work up.

Comment

Are they just sierra’s version of the hornady eld-x?

Comment

Pretty soon I am gonna do a wet newspaper test on the gamechanger @ 100 yards
                        The eldx had core separation, accuracy was good, jacket weak

Comment

My wife shoots the 130 tgk in her 6.5 prc and she’s killed a few deer and tons of hogs with it, nothing goes very far

Comment

I’ve had good results with the 110 grain TGK in .257 Roberts on deer, coyotes, and pigs.

Comment

Working...
                            X