Stout marinade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stout marinade

Going to use a can of a really nice oats and cream mole' stout to marinade a skirt steak.
    The stout has cocoa nibs infused with either ghost peppers or scorpions in it. A nice smooth hot chile flavor.

Do you all think I need to add anything to the beer ?
    I was just going to use it as is and then season the skirt steak after the marinade.

Good luck. document w pic's.

I would add salt, garlic, olive oil and lime juice (fresh)
    like your making a salad dressing with the beer. I would also emulsify the mixture.

Comment

Sounds interesting. Maybe add a little vinegar to help tenderize?

Comment

I added some jalapenos, shallots and garlic with canola oil.
        The beer will do the tenderizing I believe, lots of bubbles when the steak hit the mixture.
        The stout is called an oats and cream stout and he adds cocoa with either Trinidad scorpions or ghost peppers. It has a nice heat at the end without being too spicy and the cocoa and coffee flavors of the beer really go well with the peppers.
        I am not a stout beer drinker and I love this beer when we get him to make it, folks at the bar seem to agree as it sells well.

Hopefully I remember to take some pics this afternoon when we take it out and cook it.
        Attached Files

Comment

3 hrs in and it's looking good.
          Attached Files

Comment

Turned out great. Grilling in the cold isn't fun but it will work.
            Attached Files

Comment

looks good!

Comment

How can I get some of that beer shipped to me? Sounds really different and would like to try it

Comment

Working...
                X