Smoke cured bacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke cured bacon

I'll add finished pics later but after a 3 day sweet brine, the pork belly is on the smoker. Smoking over apple/post oak mix at 175 degrees until internal temp is around 140-145.

It's Cowboy Kent Rollins recipe (except I left out the red river ranch seasoning and added Chupacabra Cajun blend in its place)

I'll post up finished pics later

Folks today we are going to show you how to make your own bacon at home, its going to save you time, money and best part is: No Artificial Ingredients.

Last edited by K. Lane; 01-19-2023, 04:50 PM.

Good deal. Look forward to hearing how it comes out. I just fried up some of my homemade bacon this morning. Since I learned how to make my own I can’t bring myself to buy store bought again.
    I follow Kent but haven’t tried his bacon brine yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Good deal. Look forward to hearing how it comes out. I just fried up some of my homemade bacon this morning. Since I learned how to make my own I can’t bring myself to buy store bought again.
      I follow Kent but haven’t tried his bacon brine yet.

I'll let it set and cool till morning. I'll slice her up and cook some then.
      It does looks great and smells better. Took it off when internal temp on the meater read 144 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turned out very tasty.... well worth the time and effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff!! That last picture makes all the "work" worth it. Making your own bacon is not that hard and the results are head and shoulders above store bought expensive stuff.

Comment

looks good

how many days ?

Comment

Wow that looks good

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                how many days ?
                Soaked in the brine for 3 days. Smoked at 175 for about 3 hours. Sliced and cooked this morning

Comment

Working...
                X