Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All 3 of mine are still running great.

Comment

My 2 are still running strong. Haven’t changed batteries on one in 3 months and the other is still 60%. Really liking the Micro

Comment

I set out a link micro at my lease north of Pumpville. It's not sending me any photos even though the app says it has 3 out of 5 on the signal. It's not totally the cameras fault because my phone only show 1 bar, maybe 2 of ATT/FirstNet Service most times.

It does take fairly good photos though and stores them on the SD card. I guess I'll just have to check it when I'm at the lease.

Comment

I've got three at this point. They seem to have a fair number of glitches and eat batteries. One thing I've had trouble with is if I put a freshly formatted SD card in there, it won't take pics. It's happened twice. To solve the battery issue I got an HME universal solar battery pack which keeps the battery at 100%. I attached a zip tie tightly to the plug (one with a screw hole) then put another tie through that hole to pull it up tight using the gaps behind where a belt would go.

I change cards in the camera each time I visit and this is where I'm causing issues. If I format the card clean, sometimes it won't create the two "cell" readme files and I know that it's not going to take pictures. It will communicate just fine but not take or send pictures.

What I've started doing and it seems to work is that I take a freshly formatted card and put the firmware update on the card. It will go through the whole "startup fresh" process even though the firmware was already updated. It creates the cell log files and it starts working right away.

Before I turn the camera on with the fresh card and the firmware update files, I make sure I have set the spypoint app to 10 seconds and instant send. I then get immediate pictures on startup for testing. I'll then set it to 1 minute, confirm I got the picture, then set the camera to 12 times per day updates and either 1 minute or 5 minute interval. So far this little procedure, while a PITA, has kept my cameras running solid.
          Last edited by ken800; 01-07-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

been using a spypoint for 2 years now.

12v battery on a solar charger and it will take 200-300 pictures a day and battery usually lasts 3-4 months.

Picture quality is not great but for 10 cents, you can get an hd version via the app within the next transmission.

I have a spartan as well and the spypoint has been more reliable in my setup

Comment

Had 2 and each only lasted about a year. used external batteries with solar on both of them. Wasted my money.

Comment

Got the link micro for Christmas from the wife. Built a 12 volt external source with solar panel for it. Going to put it up on my river grounds for testing then move it out west once I get familiar with it.

Will post my experiences once it has been out a few months.

Rwc

Comment

Ran a Link-Micro from the end of August thru nearly the end of December with lithiums. Checked the batteries when I brought it home and they were still at 100% on my battery tester.

But I had it set for 3 minute intervals and transmit every 4 hours.

I went with the $10 a month plan which I’ve cancelled until this fall, upgraded the software - I had no problems with it.

Comment

I have had 2 link-micro's since Oct. and have had no issues at all. I plan to get solar panels for them next year because my batteries would only last about 2.5 weeks.

I guess the only question is how long do the cameras last, my first covert lasted 6 years. I doubt I will get that out of them.

Comment

So I built a 12volt external battery source with a solar charger for my Link-Micro. Put it up behind the house on Brecks hand corn spot and it worked flawlessly. Settings where Photo mode, 1 min delay, low sensitivity, transfer each detection.

I went ahead and cut a 4x4 post 48" tall to mount the ammo box that I used to house the 12volt battery and solar charger. I mounted the box and charger at the top of the post and then mounted the camera about 12" under the box and to the same post.

Kept the same settings as used at the house. But now, the camera wants to take and send a photo every minute with out anything triggering it. I made sure there was nothing to trigger, like weeds, limbs etc. So I set the transfer to 6 times a day and it seemed to fix the capturing a photo every minute and the photos it sends now has animals triggering the capture. Anyone else had this issue with there Spypoint Link-Micro sending photos every minute while in the each detection transfer mode?

I am going to run down on the river soon and relocate the post with battery and solar panel to the side of the tree and mount the camera directly onto the tree to see if this fix's the issue. Mounting the camera under the ammo box is the only thing different than what I did at home when it worked flawlessly.
                      Am impressed with the picture quality and ease of set up.

Appreciate it.

Rwc

Comment

They are junk. Won't ever buy another

Spartan or Covert is all I will use

Comment

I'm loving this thread because I bought 3 link micros and couldnt get any of them to work....if you arent getting cell service in your area dont waste your time...i even tried the external antenna to increase my chances of functionality....when I started having problems i called spypoint and sat on hold multiple times for hours with no answer...then i tried to email them twice with no reply back....i also left messages on the call center stating i left emails with no reply and no one contacted me....this went on for over a month....that says to me customer service is non existent....what a joke....I advise folks steer clear of this company

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                            I'm loving this thread because I bought 3 link micros and couldnt get any of them to work....if you arent getting cell service in your area dont waste your time...i even tried the external antenna to increase my chances of functionality....when I started having problems i called spypoint and sat on hold multiple times for hours with no answer...then i tried to email them twice with no reply back....i also left messages on the call center stating i left emails with no reply and no one contacted me....this went on for over a month....that says to me customer service is non existent....what a joke....I advise folks steer clear of this company
                            I love mine. Want to sell what you have?

Comment

I didn't have any issues getting in touch with them, but it was via the chat feature. I don't have very good cell service at my lease and have not received any pics since setting it up there. They said they sent the camera firmware update and I should be getting pics within 24 hours. I still haven't received any.

Comment

x2

Couldn't pay me to use them

Comment

Working...
                                X