Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Those With Knowledge Of Fayetville, Ar/Arky U...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question For Those With Knowledge Of Fayetville, Ar/Arky U...

My oldest nephew is going of to school in Fayetville in the fall, and I need a little help with what he may need by way of a gift. He's not really a fancy pocket knife kind of kid, so I'm going practical.

Having not been to the actual campus, I'm curious what gift cards may be most usefull? Uber/eats? Or is there something else that would be more beneficial due to the layout of campus? Is there anything specific to that part of the world that may help?

Thanks in advance.

An electric car charger port, for his E-car that he get around campus with?

Comment

Driven thru there several times, they have a lot of the same eating/shopping we do. Have to gage his interests. Dang pretty drive from Fort Smith thru there and Rogers. Bass pro in Rogers 20 min. away. Visa gift cards are always good. Maybe he’ll get you a hog hat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my MBA from there in 91. Best year and half of my life. Great place to live.

Buy him a new bible and give him the address of First Baptist Church of Springdale. Best gift you could ever give him!

Comment

Find a local meat market. Gift card there. Had this done for me, and have done it for other grads. May spend it on DD and cheese, or bust loose on some ribeyes.

Comment

If he behaves anything like my youngest does in college station, uber gift cards are a great gift.

Comment

Whataburger and Chick-Fil-A gift cards, since he has to live on campus and use the school cafe. My son and many friends really enjoyed the school and campus.

Comment

Dale,
                I live in Lowell and work in Fayetteville. Daughter graduated from UofA.
                PM me for my number, if he gets in a bind, he can call.
                We have Whataburger's here now along with most of the regular chains.
                Bass pro and Academy.
                uber eats would work as well.
                non- resident annual fishing lisc is $50.00 trout tag is another $20.00 if he likes to fish,,,
                Fayetteville itself is an Austin wanna be,,,,

Comment

You spell like you are from there, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
                    Dale,
                    I live in Lowell and work in Fayetteville. Daughter graduated from UofA.
                    PM me for my number, if he gets in a bind, he can call.
                    We have Whataburger's here now along with most of the regular chains.
                    Bass pro and Academy.
                    uber eats would work as well.
                    non- resident annual fishing lisc is $50.00 trout tag is another $20.00 if he likes to fish,,,
                    Fayetteville itself is an Austin wanna be,,,,
                    Oldest daughter graduated from UT Austin. Middle daughter will be a senior at UARK next fall. There's not much you could do to make me move to Austin. It's THE armpit of Texas IMO. But, there's not much I wouldn't do to move to Fayetteville. It seems to be an awesome place to live.

As far as gifts for future students...I know my daughter keeps UBER in business there. An UBER gift card would be near the top of her most useful gifts.

Comment

I like eating at Foghorn's (chicken wings, burgers, sports bar type) when I traveled the territory. There is a couple in Fayetteville if you wanted to get him something local.

Comment

Originally posted by standfas View Post
                        Oldest daughter graduated from UT Austin. Middle daughter will be a senior at UARK next fall. There's not much you could do to make me move to Austin. It's THE armpit of Texas IMO. But, there's not much I wouldn't do to move to Fayetteville. It seems to be an awesome place to live.

As far as gifts for future students...I know my daughter keeps UBER in business there. An UBER gift card would be near the top of her most useful gifts.
                        While we miss Texas, and I will always be "A Texan", we have been in NWA for 12+ years now and really like it.

Comment

Working...
                        X