Plant ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant ID

Can anyone tell me what kind of grass / weed this is? Or more importantly, how I can kill it without killing the rest of my grass.
    Attached Files

Well crap, this was suppose to be in the Campfire area .... sorry
    Mods, can you move it for me? Thanks

Comment

nutsedge

Comment

Cyperus sp.

Comment

Thanks guys, but how can I kill it out and not kill all my grass around it?

Comment

here is a thread on that very subject: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...light=nutsedge

Looks like a bugger to kill, good luck to you

Comment

Thanks Hog Down, I'll check it out.

Comment

10-4 on the nut grass

Comment

24-d will knock it back but you have to stay on top it. There is also some stuff called sedgehammer that I have used that seems to work pretty good. It's about a 3 year process of hitting it before it seeds on you.

Comment

nasty nasty

Comment

MSMA Target 6 is supposed to work on sedges without harming Bermuda grass.

Comment

Basagran and Sedgehammer, but it’s tough. I’d wipe it with 50% gly solution. Wrap a rag around a stick, wet it with the gly solution, wipe it on the sedge. If you have too much for that, try the other in a spot spray rig.

Comment

I did the spot spry with Roundup, it seems to be working, I had to give up a little grass around each plant, but not to bad. My grass is Buffalo grass, I'm hoping it's hardy enough to keep the nutsedge chocked out .... well see. Thanks for all the help and advise.

Comment

Grazon has worked to some extent in the pasture but dont know about a yard.

Comment

Working...
                            X