No announcement yet.

2021 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have these stink bugs all over my tomato plants. What’s good to use to kill them?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FBE79029-1FE5-4DF9-A224-9A6BC818FCB6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	24657060

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      I have these stink bugs all over my tomato plants. What’s good to use to kill them?
      [ATTACH]1055948[/ATTACH]
      Spray with Liquid Seven.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        [ATTACH]1055948[/ATTACH]
        In the larvae stage (smaller and red/black) can be killed with Sevin. The adult, stage, as shown, they are armored and not much you can do 'cept catch 'em & smush 'em. Then you will find out why they are called stink bugs.
        Keepin tall vegetation far away from the garden artea will help but has not been feasible in my case.
        Last edited by locolobo; 07-17-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          have several tomato plants that have done well. They are in half-barrel planters, lots of blooms, no issues ... until now.
          The plants are starting to wilt in random places on the vines. The planters are under our patio and they get adequate water and feed.

Any ideas what this is?

???

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
            ???
            Sounds like tomato wilt. It’s a fungus in the soil. Not sure if there is anything you can do. Lots of videos on you tube that addresses it. From what I gather, there’s 2 different kinds. Think one is treatable and one not so much. Mine are starting to do the same thing. I just figured it was the heat, since they are planted in the garden and can’t move to shade.

Comment

Since i just put a tiller on layaway today, I'm looking for fall garden ideas. I have also searched Google, i can't find improved pinto bean seeds. Any ideas where to buy them ?

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                Since i just put a tiller on layaway today, I'm looking for fall garden ideas. I have also searched Google, i can't find improved pinto bean seeds. Any ideas where to buy them ?
                If you want to learn all about gardening both spring and fall in our same climate zone, go to you tube and search Hoss Tools... They're in Southern Georgia and have videos about every subject you can imagine, plus they sell seeds for our zone 8,8b and 9... Good guys and you can email them with questions and they'll answer you personally... Their web site is www.hosstools.com

Comment

Thanks it looks like a great website.

Comment

Are you guys getting any okra yet? I think I have a few blossoms about to start. I planted it late in the year though.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Are you guys getting any okra yet? I think I have a few blossoms about to start. I planted it late in the year though.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
                      Got okra in the freezer, Okra in canning jars, and just about okra'ed out@ the table. Feedin it to the goats now. They love it.
                      Course I'm way south of Ya. Started pickin in May.

Comment

My okra is steady. Not out of control but enough to eat on a regular basis. My brother is pickling 15lbs today....

Comment

What do you guys usually plant in August-Sept?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                            What do you guys usually plant in August-Sept?
                            green beans, brocoli, cukes, etc. Really anything that you plant in the spring

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                              green beans, brocoli, cukes, etc. Really anything that you plant in the spring

Thanks, and good to know- going to plant squash and corn

Comment

Do any of y’all know what these are? Found them in the garden bed growing amongst my jalapeños.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X