Pigs and World Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs and World Problems

Interesting, or something we already knew?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I didn't know exact dollar figures but everything else was nothing new to me. People ask all the time "why do you want to shoot every pig you see?" Own property and have them destroy you crops or even equipment and then you will know why.

Comment

I read carbon footprint (or hoof print--ooof) and stopped scanning.

Comment

So do you think the liberals will be ok letting a few, fully vaccinated personnel, carry ak15's with 5 round max capacity magnums now to reduce carbon emissions?????

Comment

Brilliant. Using climate change angle on hogs now. (roll eyes)

Comment

"Our findings were staggering. We discovered the cumulative area of soil uprooted by wild pigs is likely the same area as Taiwan. This releases 4.9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide each year — the same as one million cars. The majority of these emissions occur in Oceania"

Why is this bad? Our biologist suggested I buy a disc/plow type attachment for my tractor to till up soil in fields and along fences etc.

And 1 million cars? How many cars on on earth now? 1.4 billion? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
              So do you think the liberals will be ok letting a few, fully vaccinated personnel, carry ak15's with 5 round max capacity magnums now to reduce carbon emissions?????
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                I read carbon footprint (or hoof print--ooof) and stopped scanning.
                This right here. I don't trust any articles that are focuses on climate change, most are whack in nature and very few actually based on real data that's not heavily tainted.

"This “ploughing” behaviour commonly disturbs soil at a depth of about five to 15 centimetres, which is roughly the same depth as crop tilling by farmers."

So basically the pigs contribute to climate change the same as farming.

Also article goes on to state that uprooting the soil exposes carbon and microbes feed on it and break it down, releasing gasses. Well, if that doesn't happen and it keeps building up in the soil, then what? Almost seems as if the pigs are a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  "Our findings were staggering. We discovered the cumulative area of soil uprooted by wild pigs is likely the same area as Taiwan. This releases 4.9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide each year — the same as one million cars. The majority of these emissions occur in Oceania"

Why is this bad? Our biologist suggested I buy a disc/plow type attachment for my tractor to till up soil in fields and along fences etc.

And 1 million cars? How many cars on on earth now? 1.4 billion? LOL

It’s not bad, as much as I hate what pigs do to our pastures the fact is they turn the soil and allow for new growth which in turn helps provide nutrients to other animals
                  My boss rides enduro and has a place in Romania , he says the forest are beautiful and the wild hogs help to keep the forests floors fertile
                  The problem, ultimately, is that it’s an inconvenience to humans. I’m not
                  Saying we shouldn’t kill them only saying that Mother Nature has its own ways that work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X