X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    To prove to Satan He was God.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    You don't think satan already knew that? Why else would the devil himself have a "showdown" in the desert?

Comment

Salvation

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
      Concerning hell, there is a well done video on youtube. The Beat with Alan Parr
      'The Three Parts of Hell explained in 15 Minutes. It will clear up a lot of the misconceptions that I've been reading here. Everything he brings out has a solid scriptural basis.

I followed the other thread then jumped to this one, and I'm trying to keep up. It has been a great blessing to see people talk about God, Jesus, and the Word in a civil way and out of love for each other's benefit. This is the sanctification, or growth part of being a believer. It will be a never ending process until we receive our glorified bodies.

Love GOD--Love People

There were lots of truth and lots of un-truth in the other thread.
      You and several above have hit the topic pretty well.

Heaven and Hell and how to get to eaither one is spoken about and described to the T in the Bible. And the ONLY way to get in is repentance and faith in Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins. I am not perfect and still have much to learn. I can read the bible multiple times and learn something new every single time. Perhaps that is why some folks can’t find answers to certain questions the first time.

I saw up above some talking about works. Works are just a sign of our transformation and shines the light not on ourselves, but to glorify Jesus so others may see his light in us.

Where we end up is of our own choosing. Free will to choose to follow Jesus or the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bloodstick; 07-19-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
        You don't think satan already knew that? Why else would the devil himself have a "showdown" in the desert?
        No I think satan believed His flesh would make Him as weak as we are.
        That's how we know He was fully God as well as human.

Comment

No I think satan believed His flesh would make Him as weak as we are.
          That's how we know He was fully God as well as human.

Adam and Eve didn't have flesh but they fell?

Comment

Adam and Eve didn't have flesh but they fell?
            Huh?

Comment

Huh?

You said his flesh would make Him weak so He would sin. Adam and Eve didn't have flesh like we have today but they sinned. They were spiritual creatures/beings like we are going to have when we are resurrected. Much like Jesus had after his resurrection or maybe the same as His was.

Comment

You said his flesh would make Him weak so He would sin. Adam and Eve didn't have flesh like we have today but they sinned. They were spiritual creatures/beings like we are going to have when we are resurrected. Much like Jesus had after his resurrection or maybe the same as His was.
                Yeah I don't believe that. I'm not saying you're wrong but my studies have never led to that conjecture.

Comment

Yeah I don't believe that. I'm not saying you're wrong but my studies have never led to that conjecture.

I’m going to have to agree with you.The Genesis account tells us how Adam and Eve were created same parts and structure just like us just as perfect as a human could be.The whole human race came from them.When they disobeyed they lost perfection and God took away something that caused them to start the aging process.Even the earth at that time lost its spark and regenerative powers that it once had under Gods blessing and care.

Comment

Hmmmm.....thats a new one to me but I'm done debating little things and I'm getting out of the weeds. The main thing is only through Jesus are we saved. Where we disagree is the timing of accepting Jesus. GOD is a loving God.

Comment

That's what I believe. Think about it. God made them to walk with Him in the Garden for eternity. Our bodies as they are now could only last about 900 years. Methusala established that rule... They literally walked with God and talked to Him! How cool is that going to be! Also think about Jesus after His resurrection. He walked through a wall then He told Thomas to touch his side and the nail scars on His wrist. Then He went and had lunch with Peter on the beach.. A few days later He ascended into heaven to be at the right hand of God. A body in our skin couldn't do that! What about angels? The bible says to be careful how you treat people because you never know when your dealing with an angel! They have some sort of body or skin when they appear to us. Also the angels who went to Abraham and Sarah. They say down and had a meal with them. The same goes for the angels that went to Sodom. They took on some bodily form. Just some thoughts! I think the mysteries of the Bible are awesome!! God loves to reveal himself to us in amazing ways to show us how amazing He really is!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Hmmmm.....thats a new one to me but I'm done debating little things and I'm getting out of the weeds. The main thing is only through Jesus are we saved. Where we disagree is the timing of accepting Jesus. GOD is a loving God.
                        Without the Gospel according to Jesus you are teaching a false Gospel.

I know you know what the Bible says about those that teach a false gospel.

Comment

God created man perfect and gave him the ability to choose (right from wrong). Man chose wrong! That's love to be given the right to make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            If it was true, there would have already been multiple believers quoting various verses to support said claims...the only scripture referenced will be the counter. We have a pretty strong crew who study the Word.

I've heard a lot of crazy claims over the years.

Had Catholics tell me all protestants are going to hell...had protestants tell me Catholics are going to hell. Had Church of Christ tell me all outside their church are going to hell. There are more & all involve someone going to hell.

The whole world getting the kitchen pass, including those in hell & that includes lucifer himself...this is a new one. Someone needs to tell the taliban to go get lottery tickets & let them know we see each other on better terms. I assume allah will join us & bring his date hitler.
                            I’m a devout Catholic and I would like to apologize for non practicing Catholics ( C&E) and for those who are ignorant ( not being sarcastic or hateful here) ! God is the Judge and only he will decide who goes where!

This thread shouldn’t have been one for pointing fingers at each other nor was that the intention ( I believe).
                            Last edited by Bucknaked; 07-19-2021, 08:57 PM. Reason: Content

Comment

Guys I'm not saying anyone is wrong here. To me it isn't an argument and I have to be right. Just sharing ideas.

Comment

That's what I believe. Think about it. God made them to walk with Him in the Garden for eternity. Our bodies as they are now could only last about 900 years. Methusala established that rule... They literally walked with God and talked to Him! How cool is that going to be! Also think about Jesus after His resurrection. He walked through a wall then He told Thomas to touch his side and the nail scars on His wrist. Then He went and had lunch with Peter on the beach.. A few days later He ascended into heaven to be at the right hand of God. A body in our skin couldn't do that! What about angels? The bible says to be careful how you treat people because you never know when your dealing with an angel! They have some sort of body or skin when they appear to us. Also the angels who went to Abraham and Sarah. They say down and had a meal with them. The same goes for the angels that went to Sodom. They took on some bodily form. Just some thoughts! I think the mysteries of the Bible are awesome!! God loves to reveal himself to us in amazing ways to show us how amazing He really is!
                                Hmmmm???...

Formed man from ground and breathed life into his nostrils and the man became a living creature?

Took a rib from Adam's side....and created Eve??

They realized they were naked...??

Comment

Working...
                                X