Alpha Munitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Munitions

Anybody use this brass? I just got my first batch and it looks awesome. Measured random cases throughout the box and they are all identical down to neck wall thickness. Annealing looks prefect and uniform. Comes in a nice 100 rd ammo box. I'll rune a few more cases thru the comparator to check shoulder dimensions once I get the Hornady tool. I weighed 10 random cases and they all weighed exactly the same. Now for the loading fun

Oh and this stuff ain't the cheapest around but according to the mfg can be loaded 15 or more times.
    Attached Files

Everyone I know using them loves them. They are now the premium brass provider of several of my friends for the calibers they have available.

Also my brother went to school with one of the engineers that helped start the company and he was a great dude. Bunch of redneck engineers making brass and good brass at that.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I reload mostly hunting ammo for rifles and use Norma, but still good info. Do they make handgun brass, as in .44 and .45 ?

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Everyone I know using them loves them. They are now the premium brass provider of several of my friends for the calibers they have available.

Also my brother went to school with one of the engineers that helped start the company and he was a great dude. Bunch of redneck engineers making brass and good brass at that.

Now that sounds like a heck of a company

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I reload mostly hunting ammo for rifles and use Norma, but still good info. Do they make handgun brass, as in .44 and .45 ?
          Sadly no. Just really precision rifle cartridges are their focus.

Comment

Just checked the runout on several pieces. This stuff is near perfect. Needs no neck turning at all. Jury is out until I load and shoot it. This is .308 Win caliber.
            The only thing I will have to do is run it thru a neck bushing for the first loads of 176gr ELD-Ms.

Comment

I need to buy some of the “6.5 Epstein didn’t kill himself” when back in stock. :-)

Comment

Supposed to be really good stuff. I picked up 100 pieces of 308 Win SRP cheap on DVOR. Looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not sure how the rest of it is, but I’ve got some experience with their 22 Creed brass. Very uniform, but also a bit soft. Pockets didn’t last very long with warmer loads.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Not sure how the rest of it is, but I’ve got some experience with their 22 Creed brass. Very uniform, but also a bit soft. Pockets didn’t last very long with warmer loads.

That’s disappointing to hear. Unlike Matt I ain’t scared to run em hard with a case full of Reloader powder. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      That's weird because everything I have read and researched says the primer pockets is their strongest point and the brass is outlasting every one else's especially the long range shooters that tend to load over max.
                      Once I get some ladder tests done I will know first hand. I do like to feel a crunch when I seat bullets

I just threw all my Lapua brass and most of the R-P in the trash since it won't hold primers after 3 loadings and necks were so out of round I had to turn them down to .011 just to get rid of the high spots from the get go.
                      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 07-14-2021, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        That's weird because everything I have read and researched says the primer pockets is their strongest point and the brass is outlasting every one else's especially the long range shooters that tend to load over max.
                        Once I get some ladder tests done I will know first hand. I do like to feel a crunch when I seat bullets

I just threw all my Lapua brass and most of the R-P in the trash since it won't hold primers after 3 loadings and necks were so out of round I had to turn them down to .011 just to get rid of the high spots from the get go.
                        What caliber lapua brass did you have issues with?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Yes please let us know. I’ll take all that trashy Lapua brass of your hands if it’s in a caliber I shoot! [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Yes please let us know. I’ll take all that trashy Lapua brass of your hands if it’s in a caliber I shoot! [emoji16]

It's all .308 win. trust me. You wouldn't want it. Non of them will hold a primer. They gone anyway in Monday's trash pickup.

That was the only Lapua brass I had. I use mostly Starline brass or factory Winchester for all my different calibers. I will use factory Hornady from their match grad ammo. It has been pretty good so far but I haven't loaded it more than twice. I don't use R-P, Nosler or Federal unless I have to. Too soft for my loadings and weights are all over the place.

Comment

Norma and lapua have been wonderful for me. I’ve heard Alpha is soft. Haven’t loaded any yet. I have some copper creek 22 creed I’ll eventually reload once I shoot it all.

Shocked you had an issue with lapua. I’ve ran some HOT loads in it and Norma. Lots more powder than a dang 308 lol. Mike runs some sketchy *** 308 powder charges

Comment

Working...
                              X