Official Prepping and Preparedness Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Prepping and Preparedness Thread

Whats everyone else putting up for the winter and beyond?
    Sweet corn is ripe for the picking.
    I am shucking, washing, blanching, shaving, and freezing this corn.
    There's 30 "Farmers Dozen" in the kitchen.. (14 per dozen] lol
    Will put 6 cups per freezer bag.
    I love corn more than deer..
    Attached Files

Wow. Nice

Comment

My brother and I split another steer this year, and I’ve put up a bunch of yellow squash, jalapeƱo peppers, tomatoes, and black berries. My peas haven’t done real well, but I’m getting a few.

Comment

We were just about to start our garden(I know, really late start). But that has been permanently put on hold. I did finish the solar setup for my shed recently. It puts out enough power to indefinitely run our fridge and plenty of lights and fans, or an 8k BTU window unit. Gotta freezer and 2 pantries packed full so that will have to last us should things get really bad.

Comment

Bullets and screen shots...

Comment

That will make for some tasty eating, just add a little butter and salt please.

Comment

Meh, we already live off the land and do our own thing.

And that corn looks fantastic! We eat corn in some form at least twice a week. Rice too.

Comment

Sandhill Plum jelly is next for me. Planning to make 12 jars.. i have everything i need except the plums.. not quite time to pick them.. but very close.

I also orded 25 Vanilla beans, a bottle capper, and caps.
                Once everything is here i will be making vanilla extract using Titos Vodka and Captain Morgan Spixed rum. Will be reusing beer bottles. The extract can make a good barter item or gidt.. it will be ready in 18 to 24 months.

Comment

If a person started a canning operation where would you keep your goods at? Don’t you need a root cellar or something like that? You can’t keep canned goods in the garage because of the heat and humidity correct? So that leaves me with either a bedroom or a small pantry.

Comment

I canned about 50 lbs of beets .

Comment

Canning chicken and ham and ground deer.
                      Didn’t make time for a garden so have to wait for vegetables

Comment

I can corn among other things.
                        It’s delicious.

Comment

To recap.. i shucked 356 ears of corn which i put 6 cups in 26 freezer bags.. filled a drawer in my vertical freezer.
                          Gave a few dozen to some friends.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X