Rockport/Fulton Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
    Bummer. We’re headed to Rockport tomorrow. Supposed to go off shore Friday.
    Good luck scat cat and warf cat turned around at the jetties this morning said it was the wildest he’s seen in awhile deep sea round up is still a go be interesting to see how many boats send it

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
      Our offshore guide officially canceled this morning. Very good call on his behalf. And we are getting a refund on the condo we rented. So we’re canceling the whole trip.

Hope y’all get at least a little bit of sunshine and are able to enjoy it down there
      Sorry missed that post

Comment

Arriving on the 12th, condo owner says Key Allegro hasn’t experienced any flooding. I am sad to see so many flooded but maybe it will keep the crowds down next week. Taking the boat to maybe less fisherman too.
        Yeah my dad is there now, key allegro hardly ever floods because of all the canals and good street drainage. So much of rockport is built on old swamps and sand flats that have always flooded and will always flood.

Comment

We just got here. Staying in key allegro. Our place is fine. Hoping the weather is good enough to put the boat in this weekend and give it a go

Comment

Got back into town this afternoon, doesn’t look like flood kept many away.

Comment

Rained like crazy this morning again but cleared off now. Gonna attempt to fish tomorrow

Comment

Headed down today for a few days. Any of the piers worth it to get a few kids on some fish, even if they're just hard heads? Been a few years since I've been in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhacker View Post
                  Headed down today for a few days. Any of the piers worth it to get a few kids on some fish, even if they're just hard heads? Been a few years since I've been in the area.
                  I see people catching fish on the key allegro jetties often, you access them thru rockport beach, drive all the way to the end of the road and look right. A ton of fresh water right now but I saw some kids pulling in a good sized gaftop yesterday evening. Guessing fresh dead shrimp on the bottom would get a pull.

Comment

Working...
                  X