Bill allowing permitless carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill allowing permitless carry

If this bill passes and goes into effect is there still a benefit to having your LTC? Are there areas that you would be able to carry with a license that you would not without a license. The one thing I can think of is having the reciprocity to carry across state lines. Thoughts?

Maybe still speed up purchases?

Comment

The training

Comment

Police knows you been thru a background check.

Comment

The version passed by the House does not give any particular benefit to license holders over non license holders that I can remember. The Senate may change that but we will have to wait and see.

The main benefits to having and maintaining a license as I understand the proposed law will be reciprocal carry privileges in other states that recognize a Texas LTC and the option for firearms dealers to bypass the background checks like demindeerslayer mentioned.

Comment

would like to know before renewing mine.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              would like to know before renewing mine.

reciprocal carry, easier firearms purchases and the way officers respond when they see an LTC is worth the cost of renewal IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                The training
                You mean firearms safety 101? I didn't learn much at mine and neither did the folks who showed up and rented a gun to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  reciprocal carry, easier firearms purchases and the way officers respond when they see an LTC is worth the cost of renewal IMO
                  Truth!

Comment

Yep, I'll continue to renew mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
                      You mean firearms safety 101? I didn't learn much at mine and neither did the folks who showed up and rented a gun to qualify.
                      Who's fault is that? Did y'all study?

Comment

If you take the LTC course for gun safety and training then you are already behind....

Comment

I made the mistake of buy the lifetime permit for $500 a few months ago. We’ll see if it passes.

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post

I did learn anything I didn’t already know on firearms safety but I learned a TON about the legalities of places you can or can’t carry and what’s justifiable in some scenarios.

Comment

These are my thoughts for retaining my license.

Comment

Working...
                              X