Best way to sell a used truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    List in newspaper, Facebook Marketplace, etc. and sell retail, or slightly less, to an individual. You will ALWAYS get more than a dealer will offer, because they buy wholesale, mark it up and sell retail.

Easy peasy!
    Dumb question.. What is a newspaper?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      Dumb question.. What is a newspaper?
      I have never understood how the younger generation has not gotten in the habit of reading their local newspaper. My sons don’t. How does one keep up with the local news? How does one learn about the candidates for their city council, county commissioners court, school board? How does one know about proposed tax increases so they can go protest BEFORE they are approved. Etc., etc., etc.

I cannot get through the day without reading my newspaper, and when I go on vacation, I have them hold them and deliver when I get back! I want to be in the know about what is going on. Knowledge is power!

Comment

Unfortunately the youth gets their info from lebron and other famous people out of touch with reality. Whatever they spew out the youth of today eats it up

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I have never understood how the younger generation has not gotten in the habit of reading their local newspaper. My sons don’t. How does one keep up with the local news? How does one learn about the candidates for their city council, county commissioners court, school board? How does one know about proposed tax increases so they can go protest BEFORE they are approved. Etc., etc., etc.

I cannot get through the day without reading my newspaper, and when I go on vacation, I have them hold them and deliver when I get back! I want to be in the know about what is going on. Knowledge is power!
          Not one mention of the funny pages. I know you're pulling our leg

Comment

Had a really good experience with givemethevin.com

Beat Carmax by 2500 on a 2015 Ram I sold. Put it in their website, loaded pictures, easy negotiation with buyer and they came to house and picked it up. Title/payoff was seamless.

Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Not one mention of the funny pages. I know you're pulling our leg
              Actually, I am not. I never ready the funny pages anymore.

Comment

22k that’s awesome!

Comment

I sell all my vehicles myself. Dealer and car site offers have always been insultingly low. It is super easy to sell yourself, especially in this market. You may get a $1200 tax savings by trading, but you are giving up far more than that by not selling yourself. Dealers and car sites aren't buying cars to lose money and they aren't trying to make a measly $1200 margin, either. Especially in this market now. I've averaged about $6000 over the trade/buy offers on my last couple of trucks. These were 160-200k miles trucks, outside kept, with some wear, hail dents, and issues. Whatever they offer me means they can sell it for thousands more, and so can I. To each his own, but that is how I approach it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Times have changed...give me the VIN.com

You will not get a better offer!

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post

This came in WAY lower at 17-18k

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post

How have times changed? Are you saying they will offer more than one can sell it for to an individual or the wholesale price a dealer will offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          I sell all my vehicles myself. Dealer and car site offers have always been insultingly low. It is super easy to sell yourself, especially in this market. You may get a $1200 tax savings by trading, but you are giving up far more than that by not selling yourself. Dealers and car sites aren't buying cars to lose money and they aren't trying to make a measly $1200 margin, either. Especially in this market now. I've averaged about $6000 over the trade/buy offers on my last couple of trucks. These were 160-200k miles trucks, outside kept, with some wear, hail dents, and issues. Whatever they offer me means they can sell it for thousands more, and so can I. To each his own, but that is how I approach it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          Exactly! All of you guys who trade your vehicles at the dealer are leaving a BUNCH of money the table.

Comment

Tim, I’ve had best luck with Texas Direct Auto, both buying and selling

Comment

Best way to sell a used truck?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              This came in WAY lower at 17-18k

Did you include pictures with your submittal and negotiate with buyer? Only reason I ask is I was able to get quite a bit more doing so than when I first just put in the info with no pictures and conversation.

Also, sending them the carmax offer will get them to beat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With trade in tax incentive your really getting $23,375 for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X