Honey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey?

Anyone tried guajillo honey? I read in a story the other day that said guajillo honey tasted real good. How about mesquite honey? Anyone take a spoonful of honey every day for health benefits?

Guajillo is good, a guy from my lease loves it and it is good. Save yourself the trouble and just get that.

Comment

Yep local raw honey a couple spoonfuls nearly everyday

Comment

Just make sure when they say local, it’s really local, and not from hundreds of miles away. Also, local honey is supposed to help with allergies, just a heads up.

Comment

Mesquite honey? Texas brush honey? Wildflower honey? How they taste? Anyone like one better than the other?

Comment

I bought a few bottles of mesquite honey last year when we visited Wimberly and really like it.

Comment

Have some now for sale raw honey from south Texas George west area

Comment

I've made a few batches of fermented garlic/honey (just cover garlic cloves in a jar with raw honey and put the lid on loosely (don't overfill or it will make a mess during fermentation) and have been eating a clove and spoonful of honey pretty much every morning for almost a year. The honey gets thinner and the garlic mellows the longer it ferments. My wife hates the smell on my breath after I eat it. LOL! Supposedly many health benefits with the combo.

I also have started putting just a touch of raw honey (sans garlic ) in my coffee in the mornings, as well.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Guajillo is probably my favorite when it comes to honey. If your not far from Angelton, they will be having a honey expo July 20th. You can try over 20 different types of honey. I tried a lot and ended up going with Gaujillo. The most interesting was honey from avocado trees. It was black and had a medicinal taste to it.

Comment

The best honey I’ve had so far has been winter maple honey. My bees loaded up on maple tree pollen during the winter and I was able to harvest some early spring. It was almost black and had a rich smooth maple flavor to it.

Comment

I take Manuka honey almost daily.

Comment

Guajillo is good, got a couple gallons of it saved back from my bees in the brush. Sells fast around here.

Comment

I would like to try it. My favorite is Sourwood Honey from out of the Appalachian Mountains.

Comment

Maple honey sounds awesome!!!

Comment

Hows the mesquite honey taste?

Comment

Working...
                              X