Grease that will stay in grease gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grease that will stay in grease gun

I bought a tractor. Went to get my grease gun out of its plastic container in which it lives to catch all the oil that separates out of the grease and leaks out of the gun. It was soaked and nasty and I thought to myself surely with technology there is a better way. So I bought a Dewalt 20v grease gun.

Question is: is there any grease that won’t separate out? It lives in the garage. It’s hot there. Impart your wisdom oh wise green screen.

What kind of grease are you using?

I go through grease so fast that it doesnt have time top seperate. But even the grease cases i have stored in a Conex dont separate. I usually use Lucas red or a heavy Moly grease of some sort depending on what i can find currently.

Comment

Ive got the same problem. I think ive gone through 2 tubes in about 3 years. So I dont use it too often. Sure has made a mess in the shop though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I wish I knew

Needed to grease lawn mower yesterday and put on a pair of nitrile gloves before I even went to get grease gun.

Seems like it has as much dirt and grime on the outside as you could possibly get on it

Comment

I use Amsoil synthetic polymeric ep grease, the NLGI #2, I personally just use it on all our vehicles. My dad is a dealer but he uses it on all his farm equipment as well as work equipment from skid steers and excavators to his skytrac. I’ve never seen or heard an issue with it and I’ve opened tubes at our ranch that are several years old and been stored in a hot barn.

Comment

I use Lucas Xtra Heavy duty grease and it hasn’t separated yet, I have some that’s been in my truck box for over a year and it’s good to go still. The only issue now is you can’t find it anywhere which sucks… Lots of lithium based lubes are in short supply now,,

Comment

I bought one of the smaller "pistol grip" grease guns with the smaller tubes since I don't have any big stuff to grease. I just keep it in the garage beer fridge.

Comment

Lucas red or Lucas extreme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Red jt6 mystic is what ive used on the rigs & pumps for years never had an issue
                  Get a high temp grease

Comment

I've never had that problem with a grease gun. I've used a few different kinds of grease and never had any leak like that.

Comment

High temp grease. Problem solved. Cost a little more but you get to use it all.

Comment

Moly grease. Someone brought this up a while back. I realized, I used to deal with this problem for years, but have not had this problem for many years now. I thought about it for a while and realized it is probably because I have been using moly grease for about 10 years now. Back when I bought special high temp grease, I had this problem, when I bought common wheel bearing grease I had this problem. But have not had this problem for years, I know I have been using nothing but moly grease for years. I still have the same old cheap grease guns, I had 30+ years ago. It has to be the grease.

Comment

Hey guys. I was using MULTI-VEHICLE HIGH TEMPERATURE RED GREASE from valvoline but everything I have ever used does it. I’ll try the Lucas stuff. I just always use some blue nitrile gloves but I’d really like it to stay in the gun.

Comment

High temp grease from Lubrication Engineers-aluminum complex grease is great also…….not sure where you can buy it though

Comment

Go watch a "project farm" video on youtube about it. I had watched it a few weeks ago and the results were interesting between the top 2 choices.

Comment

Working...
                              X