Satori for IBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satori for IBO

IBO rules are confusing. At least to me.

The Satori has a hard plastic side plate that is >1/4" thick, and can be adjusted for centershot. It is covered with a 1/32" thick calf hair.

Is the Satori legal for IBO Traditional?

Satori for IBO

It says in the rules that it can’t be more than 1/8” thick.

Open this and scroll down to Modern Recurve in the Shooting Classes section:

The rules for com­bined shoots (defined as a tour­na­ment in which com­pound and tra­di­tion­al class­es com­pete in the same venue) dif­fer from the stand­alone tra­di­tion­al shoots. The tra­di­tion­al only venue enables IBO to fur­ther break shoot­ing class­es down to accom­mo­date var­i­ous recurve and long­bow shoot­ing styles. I. IBO Mem­ber­ship An archer does not have to […]

I’m not sure if the adjustable center shot would be legal in Modern Recurve??? I think all of it would be legal in Barebow, but you’d be shooting against the big dogs that string walk in that class.

There are plenty of Satoris that are shot in IBO, but I don’t know how they are set up.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 02-08-2022, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Last I knew, these CD Archery risers were legal in the Modern Recurve class.

If they still are, your Satori should be good to go, as would any similar homemade version of it.

Rick
      Attached Files

Comment

This is my homemade similar version.

The only thing I might be disqualified for is the thickness (1/4") of the felt pad, but that would be an easy fix for me by just reducing it's thickness to 1/8".

Rick
        Attached Files

Comment

On my riser, the velcro you see on the floor is the covering for a hard material, that is shaped/molded to fit the contour of the riser, and fitted against, and matching the contour of the site window area.

Like I said, I believe it is legal, except for the thickness of the felt pad, which is an easy fix "if" I ever find myself going to an IBO Traditional event.

Rick
          Last edited by RickBarbee; 02-08-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

The Satori is legal in Modern Recurve. You can build up or out in Modern Recurve it just has to be locked down no spring action. The covering cannot be more than 1/8" thick. Like Rick said about his felt pad being a little too thick. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
              The Satori is legal in Modern Recurve. You can build up or out in Modern Recurve it just has to be locked down no spring action. The covering cannot be more than 1/8" thick. Like Rick said about his felt pad being a little too thick. Thanks for asking.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                Thank You Nice Lady.

I thought I was right about that, but glad you chimed in.

Rick

P.S.
                I miss you folk.
                Tell Levy I said Howdy.

Comment

Steve, after studying that Satori riser a bit more - it looks like it would be very easy to set up for shooting directly down on the shelf, especially if you are using feathers.

You could completely do away with the bolt through strike plate if you wanted to, and just set the shelf & strike plate up like most any other wood riser bow that don't have the hole.

The bottom line is: You can make it work however you need it to, and not have to worry about any rules infractions to do it.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                    Steve, after studying that Satori riser a bit more - it looks like it would be very easy to set up for shooting directly down on the shelf, especially if you are using feathers.

You could completely do away with the bolt through strike plate if you wanted to, and just set the shelf & strike plate up like most any other wood riser bow that don't have the hole.

The bottom line is: You can make it work however you need it to, and not have to worry about any rules infractions to do it.

Rick
                    Satori has a radiused shelf. Easy to set up with either calf hair or thin leather.

For the strike plate, I do like the plastic shelf plate that comes with it. The shelf plate is about 0.300, which concerned me. But SkunkLady points out that not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      I do like the plastic shelf plate that comes with it.
                      I like that feature also, and will use it on just about any bow that has it available, and have even drilled & threaded a hole in some risers not having it.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X