3, 4 or 5 inches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3, 4 or 5 inches

About to break out the stuff to fletch up some arrows. Everything I have was used to fletch compound arrows. I've had these Gold Tips (500) for 1.5 years and figured what the heck. This will be basically for hunting applications.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

As long as your form and tune are good, it’s all personal preference. I use 4-fletch with 2.5” parabolic feathers.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      As long as your form and tune are good, it’s all personal preference. I use 4-fletch with 2.5” parabolic feathers.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I forgot about 4 fletch. Use to shoot those way back in the day

Comment

My favorite is 3" X Vane-Helical. Using a Bohning Tower jig.

Comment

It's all relative to how well you're tuned and how solid your form is. If great and solid, 3 ". If not a bit longer. I've run 2, 3 and 4 with no issues but I'm sure starting out the 4" made my arrow flight look better than it was.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

With good form and tune you can get away with smaller feathers. That being said I often hunt from the ground and might find myself shooting from odd positions. Since odd positions don't always lend themselves to a perfect release, I want enough feather to quickly correct an arrow if I have a less than perfect release. 3 fletch, 4" feathers is the smallest I will go.

Comment

That's what she said.

Comment

I’m in the 3 fletch, 4” camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4" , 4 fletch for me. Left wing feathers on wood arrows though.

Comment

The more FOC you have the smaller feather you can use.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                      With good form and tune you can get away with smaller feathers. That being said I often hunt from the ground and might find myself shooting from odd positions. Since odd positions don't always lend themselves to a perfect release, I want enough feather to quickly correct an arrow if I have a less than perfect release. 3 fletch, 4" feathers is the smallest I will go.
                      I agree with this.

Comment

The better your tune and form, the smaller the feathers you can use.

I personally do 3-fletch with 4" feathers.

Comment

I run 3-5”. I just ordered some new arrows for my new longbow and went ahead and got 4” feathers. Nothing about my form is solid so we will see.

Comment

Working...
                          X