TSLC question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSLC question...

I've got a bow I've recently shot that I'm in love with that shoots like a dream.... and fits the TSLC specs save one portion... the riser is 1 and 1/2inch thick at 3" above versus 1 and 1/8 inch thick from belly to back.

Is it possible to have someone good with woodworking fix this to make it legal? or will they potentially allow it anyway?

curious before I drop the money for it...

if it don't fit the jig they WON"T allow it. Have it sanded down , hopefully it will stay together.
    What is it?

Comment

It has to fit the jig. Depending on the wood and materials it could possibly be fixed.

Comment

then I'm gonna pass...unless someone has a 66" or longer bow thats RH between 40-46# to lone or sell...

I'm gonna call predator and see how quickly bobby can get one made up

Comment

Originally posted by meangene1969 View Post
          It has to fit the jig. Depending on the wood and materials it could possibly be fixed.
          Is this jig 9" long and opened at the top 1 1/8" and open at the bottom 1 1/2"? Can the bow be slid up or down to make it fit, allowing for a little thicker top and thinner bottom?

Comment

Come to Chester---no jig to fit in there

Comment

Bill, you know I will be there!

Comment

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
                Come to Chester---no jig to fit in there
                This is JMO but I think some of these shoots get a little carried away with the rules(fitting in a jig!) No doubt you need some rules but I'll bet this shoot cuts OUT a bunch of people who invested a bunch of $ on longbows and are not going to drive there and take a chance of it not fitting and for sure not CUT on them or spent a bunch of $ on a takedown longbow.I would like someone to explain why such stiff rules on the longbows for this shoot.Which most people who buy them really have no control over the way they were designed(and did not know about the rules of this shoot before the purchase) and for sure don't have the $ to buy another for one shoot!Not mad just asking. I may just need a little insight!
                Last edited by ShaBow; 05-11-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                  This is JMO but I think some of these shoots get a little carried away with the rules(fitting in a jig!) No doubt you need some rules but I'll bet this shoot cuts OUT a bunch of people who invested a bunch of $ on longbows and are not going to drive there and take a chance of it not fitting and for sure not CUT on them or spent a bunch of $ on a takedown longbow.I would like someone to explain why such stiff rules on the longbows for this shoot.Which most people who buy them really have no control over the way they were designed(and did not know about the rules of this shoot before the purchase) and for sure don't have the $ to buy another for one shoot!Not mad just asking. I may just need a little insight!
                  Cause it's their football....

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                    This is JMO but I think some of these shoots get a little carried away with the rules(fitting in a jig!) No doubt you need some rules but I'll bet this shoot cuts OUT a bunch of people who invested a bunch of $ on longbows and are not going to drive there and take a chance of it not fitting and for sure not CUT on them or spent a bunch of $ on a takedown longbow.I would like someone to explain why such stiff rules on the longbows for this shoot.Which most people who buy them really have no control over the way they were designed(and did not know about the rules of this shoot before the purchase) and for sure don't have the $ to buy another for one shoot!Not mad just asking!
                    this is the 28 th year of the T.S.L.C. in years past. and not so long ago. if you didn't get your card in early you didn't get to shoot. 250 shooter and folks lined up satuday morning hoping there was a drop out....
                    it seams since we started changeing the rules we have less shooter. also with gas prices and the economy, but the 3 do coinside.
                    the rules like all things in life were set to keep the shoot the same, the same style longbows. wood arrows. and a split finger hold.
                    it's no big deal really. if you go to asa or ibo. or any archery club thay have a set of rules, neetz and i shot a shoot last year where all trad was lumped togeather, longbow.recurve, wood. carbon, that was the rule for the shoot.
                    we have also shot were ALL trad was lumped togeather all men and women all equipment in one class. that was the rule so we shot. no big deal.
                    as a matter of fact we will go back to waco and shoot again and it one of the places that all trad is one class. nice place, nice course, and good people. neetz don't have a good chance of ever winning there, theres some good men shooter that show up, but she likes to shoot and we injoy spending time in the woods, now that is a big deal " to us"...
                    I hope to see all the texas trad shooter out and about shooting. our shoot, TBOT, or any of the other shoots in our great state, like chester or austin
                    hope to see you there....

jeff murray aka jeffro
                    10 Again Arrows.
                    and a proud member of the Texas State Longbow Association

Comment

Originally posted by TraditionalRJ View Post
                      I've got a bow I've recently shot that I'm in love with that shoots like a dream.... and fits the TSLC specs save one portion... the riser is 1 and 1/2inch thick at 3" above versus 1 and 1/8 inch thick from belly to back.

Is it possible to have someone good with woodworking fix this to make it legal? or will they potentially allow it anyway?

curious before I drop the money for it...
                      i'll ask, and see if we can get a second or a couple of jigs. it would be nice to have one on hand at the other shoots and if this come's up we would be able to measure there...
                      RJ. remember seeing ya'll there last year. but can't remember if ya'll shot..?
                      jeffro

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                        this is the 28 th year of the T.S.L.C. in years past. and not so long ago. if you didn't get your card in early you didn't get to shoot. 250 shooter and folks lined up satuday morning hoping there was a drop out....
                        it seams since we started changeing the rules we have less shooter. also with gas prices and the economy, but the 3 do coinside.
                        the rules like all things in life were set to keep the shoot the same, the same style longbows. wood arrows. and a split finger hold.
                        it's no big deal really. if you go to asa or ibo. or any archery club thay have a set of rules, neetz and i shot a shoot last year where all trad was lumped togeather, longbow.recurve, wood. carbon, that was the rule for the shoot.
                        we have also shot were ALL trad was lumped togeather all men and women all equipment in one class. that was the rule so we shot. no big deal.
                        as a matter of fact we will go back to waco and shoot again and it one of the places that all trad is one class. nice place, nice course, and good people. neetz don't have a good chance of ever winning there, theres some good men shooter that show up, but she likes to shoot and we injoy spending time in the woods, now that is a big deal " to us"...
                        I hope to see all the texas trad shooter out and about shooting. our shoot, TBOT, or any of the other shoots in our great state, like chester or austin
                        hope to see you there....

jeff murray aka jeffro
                        10 Again Arrows.
                        and a proud member of the Texas State Longbow Association
                        Hey, Jeffro, they did change awhile back to where people can shoot three under now, in addition to split finger? Just wanted to clarify for others.

Comment

Yes, they changed the no three under rule. I shot there a couple of years ago and I shoot 3 under.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                            Yes, they changed the no three under rule. I shot there a couple of years ago and I shoot 3 under.
                            Yep, I was thinking of you when I asked! Thanks, Deb, for responding.

Comment

Arvin is planning to go. Oops, posted to the wrong thread.
                              Last edited by Deb; 05-11-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X