No announcement yet.

TBOT Arrow Rest Clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud told me that the T-300 wire stick on rest is legal as far he knows. It is JUST the cushion plunger that is not. Thanks BUD

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
      Bud told me that the T-300 wire stick on rest is legal as far he knows. It is JUST the cushion plunger that is not. Thanks BUD
      You are welcome Mr. Poole

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
        That is what I was told. The plastic or rubber stick on design was the example I was given as a legal rest. (Bear Weatherrest design)
        And those move just as much as the one pictured.

Other than the part the arrow sits on flexing, the one pictured doesn't move.

When I had my DAS, that's the rest I used, and no one said anything (no, it wasn't because I was shooting like crap.) about it.

I shoot everything off the shelf now, so it is a moot point for me. That, and I don't really care what the other guy uses, we all have to hit the target.

Comment

Can you even shoot off the shelf on the das type bows? It seems like they would be cut a good ways past center

Comment

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
            Can you even shoot off the shelf on the das type bows? It seems like they would be cut a good ways past center

They are cut past center pretty good.

The one I had, had a "bump" on the shelf for shooting off the shelf.

Cover that with felt or whatever, and I used a one of the plastic arrow rests shown above (with the finger cut off) covered with felt for the side support.

Comment

Just shoot a selfbow (no shelf cut in) off your knuckle with a hafted rock on the end a of a river cane shaft and a self nock. Make sure your string is made of twisted squirrell rawhide like the Cherokee's made and then no one can complain.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
                Just shoot a selfbow (no shelf cut in) off your knuckle with a hafted rock on the end a of a river cane shaft and a self nock. Make sure your string is made of twisted squirrell rawhide like the Cherokee's made and then no one can complain.
                But wouldn't the bow need to be made of indigenous wood...

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
                  Sounds good
                  BTW the plunger is the only issues since it moves the rest was called legal. I will replace the plunger with a Teflon bolt and be just fine. Thanks again , Bud for the clarification.
                  Last edited by huntinpool; 03-17-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I was having this discussion with someone else the other day... Define Traditional... where does it stop and modern begin.. I know where I would draw the line... but it's probably not the same place you might...
                    Maybe the answer is to divide the bows into a traditional and modern class, which is based on the equipment on the bow.

Just a thought....but what does this newbie know....I am just excited about getting my arrows and having fun.

Heck when I read Todd's post on plunger I thought of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	plunger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	23982065

Last edited by axisbuck24; 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Lol.Please, no more classes. It dosen't need to be complicated.

Comment

Yes sir and it must be cut down with a flint rock hand axe from that region. The glue must be made either out of fish float bladders, frog hides or rabbitt hides killed by a single rock from a hand made sling as well.

Comment

Yes sir and it must be cut down with a flint rock hand axe from that region. The glue must be made either out of fish float bladders, frog hides or rabbitt hides killed by a single rock from a hand made sling as well.
                          You are on a roll,Terry. I will make sure to pass all of this info on to Arvin.

Comment

Yall have me confused now.I was under the impression that the moving parts that disqualified a rest were because of the adjustments on it(can be screwed in and out of riser ,etc.)and the stick on rest were ok because nothing could be moved or adjusted on them. Right or Wrong!

Comment

No moving parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                                Yall have me confused now.I was under the impression that the moving parts that disqualified a rest were because of the adjustments on it(can be screwed in and out of riser ,etc.)and the stick on rest were ok because nothing could be moved or adjusted on them. Right or Wrong!
                                The T-300 wire rest that is teflon coated that pivots is legal as well as any stick on plastic or rubber rest. The Magnetic flippers are Not legal because they are adjustable up and down . The plunger is not legal due to the spring tension can be adjusted and it moves when the arrow is shot. I will be able to use the T-300 flipper rest and will have a solid teflon bolt for a sideplate that is locked down and has NO give making it solid and non moving. They also said they will start enforcing rest and plungers at all shoots and it will be consistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X