Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard decision to make, need your thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard decision to make, need your thoughts.

I have used this taxidermy for 4 mounts but the last mount came back with a different cape than the one I brought him. Still looked great, just not the original cape. The cape I got had double white a patch, the deer I killed didnt. So really I the better end of that screw up. He blamed it on the tanners.

This year I killed my PB bow buck and brought it to the same Taxidermist. When I went to pick it up yesterday my mount was a shoulder mount and I requested a wall pedestal mount. Talked to the taxidermist and he said the cape was too short I told him he was wrong that I always cape a deer starting mid body. He said it was the legs that were too short which is BS also. He told me he would order another form and remount it with one of his spare capes.

So I have to decide if I want some random cape on a rush remount or should I just keep it and take my loss. I feel like I'll never be satisfied either way.

Take the loss. Time to move on.

Comment

Any chance he would let you look at the capes to find one closest to your deer?
      Otherwise it's always going to be wrong so I would be inclined to keep it.

Comment

I've had this happen.. Got a buck back that looked like a doe with horns.. I moved on

Comment

It's probably not your cape anyway if it is too short.

Comment

Keep your cape, fire your taxi, wall pedestal the next one.

Comment

Nothing like I was expecting when I got the call that he was ready.
              Attached Files

Comment

That is your cape - black ear tips, highlighted forehead, and dark stripe down nose. Either it wasn't suitable for a wall pedestal or he screwed up the order and used "cape too short" as an excuse.
                If there's a problem with the cape he should have communicated with you, though. I would want to know about it and discuss options before the work begins.
                Last edited by Sika; 06-21-2022, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I’d go with what Dale said.

Comment

Agree with Dale, find another Taxi.

Rwc
                    Last edited by Rwc; 06-21-2022, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Keep the cape, fire the taxi, tell him to give half if not all your money back since this is the second deer in a row. He obviously doesn't have his **** together and organized as most taxis would.

Comment

That cape is to pretty to replace. I wouldn't redo it. He should have called you when he realized the cape was too short if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                          That cape is to pretty to replace. I wouldn't redo it. He should have called you when he realized the cape was too short if that was the case.
                          This

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                            +2

Time to start looking for a new taxi. I’m doing skull mounts now on all our deer

Comment

I think I agree with Courtney on this. That looks like the same cape.

Comment

Working...
                              X