Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gas Prices Affect Your 22/23 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn’t slowed me down plan for same amount of trips as well unfortunately have had to raise prices on all my trades

Comment

I have a gas card for work, doesnt change driving cost but it causes everything else in life to go up...

Comment

I`m 15 miles from the gate and retired. I drive back home between a.m. and p.m. hunts, so 60 miles per day x 10 just for bow season. 600 miles÷20 mpg=30 gallons x 5.50 diesel= $165 just for October. I`ll sell my boat for gas money and fish from the bank before I let FJB and his policies effect my hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
          My boys and I usually make 6-8 trips to our lease in Childress between September to January. It takes one tank there and one back at $150 a tank.

$300 x 8 = $2,400 for gas!

It flipping makes me furious to think about it!
          We will definitely be shaving those numbers down as much as possible but I hoping to not let it affect our over all season.

It won’t hurt my deer season but I’m not making as many trips for working this summer.

My last trip was end of Quail in February.
          Normally would have made two trips since and one more end of July beginning of August to top off feeders and cut lanes.

Me being 8 hrs away and my brother being 1hr he’s stepped up and getting the mowing done.

It’s 481 miles from my door to the ranch so figure about $500 per trip once you factor in running to town and working running around the ranch.

Gas and corn both double makes for an expensive year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Black Ice; 06-20-2022, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I don’t see prices dropping next year. There is just too much of a demand. If prices stay outrageous for everything like they are now then things may change in a few years, but there’s still plenty of folks with money looking for a lease.
            They’ll
            Have to have piles and piles of it and have an electric vehicle() at this pace the laborers and lower to middle class won’t be able to sustain so there may be No one going anywhere !

Comment

I spent roughly $3k in gas last hunting season. I can pretty much expect that to double this fall/winter. As much as I dont want to admit it, it is going to be an issue this hunting season.

I'm not fishing, shooting skeet or making summer scouting/checking on things like I normally do b/c i know how much ill be spending on gas in a handful of months. But the reality is everything has become stupid expensive.

There are going to be trips that get canceled b/c i don't want to spend the money bc i don't think the trip will justify what i will be spending.... be it the weather doesn't look right, full moon, or hunting has been slow.
              Last edited by CTR0022; 06-20-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I picked a heck of a year to start hunting old Mexico. Touch over 8 hour drive one way. Just means I’m going to stay for a week or two at a time If I can swing it. Starting to put more money to the side now to cover all the extra costs. Worth it????……..yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Texas Stalker; 06-20-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I don't have a lease but FJB

Comment

FJB. That is all I got.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                      I will cut costs elsewhere before I start cutting hunting and ranch time
                      Same here...

Comment

I'm gonna have to put the pencil to see what each white wing I eat is gonna cost after $9/box shotshells & the fuel to get to mercedes / McCook & back is gonna add up to.

Haven't even thought about deer season...fjb.

Comment

So far its hasnt changed any of my plans, and i hope it doesnt. Ill just try and spend more time when im able to go. We hunt family property so lucky me i dont pay for lease fees either place i hunt.

Comment

Waygu and Kobe beef will be cheap compared to a venison backtrap.

Comment

I'll be dove hunting my backyard with a pellet gun I guess.

Comment

It has me, I use to just take off and go, my lease is 2.5 hrs from my house, my f250 v-10 drinks 2 tanks of gas there and back. I have a camera that has been turned due to cows and is taking pics of a tree, but waiting to go till its time to fill feeder's.

God Bless
                                Bish

Comment

Working...
                                X