Lonesome Dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonesome Dove

If CPT Call and Gus were alive today, what pistol would they carry?

Colt Walker 1847 to the ?

My first thoughts would be a 45 ACP, and the one that can hold the most rounds, such as the FN FNX45.

A 45 is jus stupid if you are mobile and need to hump enough for combat.

Ifin you ain’t never had to hump a case of 45 acp then you would think a 45 is good.

Maybe a 357 Sig or 5.7

Comment

Any 10mm

Comment

Texas Rangers = Single Action Army or 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Texas Rangers = Single Action Army or 1911
          Equals dead ranger

Comment

9mm

Comment

AR Pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                Equals dead ranger
                Their issue gun is the same as DPS as I understand, but they have a lot of leeway & many prefer the 1911 likely due to tradition...they are primarily an investigation unit these days vs the primary enforcement of the old west.

I would imagine the long guns come out if any sort of strike is planned anyway.

Besides, the OP is talking about Call & Gus...don't be so obtuse all the time. How come they aren't dropping like flies?? This was compiled in 2019

Comment

Regardless of what Mr Happy previously said,
                  I’m gonna say a 1911 45ACP. Since they were both Texas Rangers and that’s the current sidearm Rangers carry.

Comment

Glock 19

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      If CPT Call and Gus were alive today, what pistol would they carry?

Colt Walker 1847 to the ?

My first thoughts would be a 45 ACP, and the one that can hold the most rounds, such as the FN FNX45.
                      Colt

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                        Any 10mm
                        I probably over looked this round, but if I had an award, I'd give it to you.

I change my vote. They'd both pack a 10mm in a Glock 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                          A 45 is jus stupid if you are mobile and need to hump enough for combat.

Ifin you ain’t never had to hump a case of 45 acp then you would think a 45 is good.

Maybe a 357 Sig or 5.7

357 sig, I'd have more pleasure having my private parts beat with a ball pinion hammer while having pepper spray squirted in my eyes..

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            9mm
                            Both of them shot a pistol that used the .44, and at that time there were other rounds. Given that time and era, they choose that round because when they hit what they pointed at it stayed down.

Plus, I just don't see CPT Call smacking a Union solder with a Glock 19 for hitting on Newt.

Comment

And yea, on top of this dang heat, I pulled some ligament in my foot, so I've been riding the recliner all day.

Wife did get me a ankle brace, so maybe in the AM I can get the front yard mowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X