Treated 3/4 inch plywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treated 3/4 inch plywood?

How long after buying treated plywood do let it dry out before coating with a sealer? Using it for my floor on a new Krivoman blind?

Its got to dry out and depending on climate and weather can take anywhere form 2-6 months. I always wait 6 months on all treated wood that is not kiln dried. If you catch it in the summer maybe shorter. Like my platform I just built for my Krivoman for example, I'm not painting until next spring. I'd do it in 6 months but don't want to booger anything up right before season with new smells and spending too much time there. The wood that needs to be painted is 4x4s, and 2x6s so I can afford to wait til after season. The plywood was salvaged off another platform and had already dried so I painted it before installing.

Comment

Hard to say a time frame, because you never know how long it was on a shelf after it was treated. Easy way to tell is pour a small drop of water on a spot, is it beads up it is not ready for stain, sealer or paint. If the bead soaks into the board it will accept the coating,

Comment

Thanks folks!

Comment

Working...
        X