NY deer season 1960s pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHarrell89 View Post
    That was new one for me when I moved to the Midwest. They will let them hang a few days outside then skin and butcher/take to process. But then again, they looked at me crazy when I told them we had to skin and quarter and go straight in the cooler!
    HAD too… hmmm

Comment

Need another year

Comment

Some don't even look gutted. Neat pic

Comment

Saw that pic as well and asked a buddy of mine in Buffalo if he heard of it. Said yes, but thing have changed there from the 60s. It burnt down in the 80s.

Downsville’s Eagle Hotel Falls to Fire-Downsville, NY A major fire fought by the Downsville Fire Department. Oneonta Star, January 10, 1988 “Downsville Fire Chief Roland Doig surveyed the scene and...

"Downsville’s Eagle Hotel Falls to Fire-Downsville, NY
          A major fire fought by the Downsville Fire Department.
          Oneonta Star, January 10, 1988
          “Downsville Fire Chief Roland Doig surveyed the scene and surmised that conditions could not have been worse.
          The temperature stood at minus 10 degrees when the alarm came in at 6:45 Sunday morning.
          The building afire was one of the village landmarks, the huge Eagle Hotel, more than a century old. It had a metal roof and it abounded with drop ceilings. In addition, there were 44,000-volt power lines hovering near the scene to impede ladder truck operation.
          Six hours later the building, owned by Charles Amato, was a useless hulk.”
          The fire was thought to have started behind a fireplace spreading throughout the balloon framing in the hotel."

Comment

Super cool pic!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great picture.

Rwc

Comment

That is a great picture.

Comment

Dang...got tired on those stairs look'n at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                      Looks like they all coulda used another year.
                      Those were probably 200+ pound deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        Cool pic. Classic.
                        NY is STILL a deer hunting destination. Crap for much everything else. But they do have good deer hunting.
                        Huh? How many hunting shows you see filmed in NY?? I doubt it’s a “bucket list type” state to hunt in….like the Midwest states.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Huh? How many hunting shows you see filmed in NY?? I doubt it’s a “bucket list type” state to hunt in….like the Midwest states.
                          Hunting shows are all about promotion and selling, lets not go there.
                          No bait hunting in NY, no high fences and it produces good Deer, Bear and 70lb coyotes are common. It is a different kind of hunting. To each their own. The rest of the state you can keep.

Comment

Working...
                          X