Gold Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    I can tell you why I quit shooting GT! I used to shoot GT XT Hunter shafts. I often had flyers that I couldn’t explain. Back then, I just wrote it off as me screwing up. Then I bought a spine tester. Boy, was that an eye opener. I started putting every shaft on the spine tester, and what I found was that in any given dozen shafts there would be 9-11 good ones, and 1-3 off. Some of those were waaaaaaaaaaay off. I thought that’s just the way it is and started spining and separating into very tight groups. The ones that were way off just got put away in the closet.

Once I started doing this, those flyers nearly disappeared. Some of the bad ones were 100/1000ths off. No way they would shoot right.

Then I got a different brand of shaft given to me. These were all almost exactly the same on the spine tester. So much so, even from dz to dz, that I don’t even bother to spine test them any more.

I don’t know if all GT shafts are that inconsistent, but I know those were, and I never looked back after switching to FMJ’s.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This explains why I had alot of head scratching. I've shot them for years without issue, but last batch I bought I couldn't get good arrow flight no matter what I tried. I recently bout some cheap Amazon arrows and they are among the best flying arrows I've shot! Too many manufacturers are setting on their past reputations and Quality is out the window.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the air strikes and haven’t had any issues. I compare them to maxima reds sd I put steel inserts In my air strike and get 1 1/8” deeper penetration into block target than the reds do.

Comment

Shot em for years, perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X