No announcement yet.

Will Smith punched Chris Rock at the Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Smith just killed stand up comedy. Can you imagine someone jumping on stage to beat up the guy that told a joke he did not like? This is cancel culture at it's worst. I don't care what was said. We are killing comedy and that is disgusting. Rock should sue Smith. Rock was doing his job and Smith decided to assault him for it. Some jokes are good some are not. I hope Will Smith and his entire family gets canceled out of Hollywood for this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
      Will Smith just killed stand up comedy. Can you imagine someone jumping on stage to beat up the guy that told a joke he did not like? This is cancel culture at it's worst. I don't care what was said. We are killing comedy and that is disgusting. Rock should sue Smith. Rock was doing his job and Smith decided to assault him for it. Some jokes are good some are not. I hope Will Smith and his entire family gets canceled out of Hollywood for this.
      I didn’t and haven’t watched the Oscar’s; but as I’m aware, it’s an awards show for the movie industry, not a Comedy Club where you go and attend with the understanding the comedian may pick on the crowd. These “Actors” and their spouses; as fake as most of them are, are also human. You crack a joke about my wife medical, physical condition at an awards banquet and you’re going to get a response.

Staged or not, regardless of his wife’s past cheating, it’s still his wife and his to defend….the whole “Love, HONOR and cherish” thing many married couples have forgotten. Maybe they’re working on it and it’s not our place to question.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post

From what I understand Those are some deep pockets to go after.
        Rock would be black balled forever more, but one last check on his way out maybe.

I can’t fathom a jury handing out too much green over one slap though.

Who knows, stranger things have happened.

…..
        Just watched, I don’t think staged.

It took Wil a second or two to respond, as if his brain thought it over and said “oh heck no, I can’t be known as the guy who let his wife get laughed about on stage in front of the world and did nothing “.

I bet Chris doesn’t cross that line anytime soon.

Here’s a thought-
        Would a white comedian been handed the same punishment?
        We will never know as they would never had uttered those words (imo).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by DaveC; 03-28-2022, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Watching the video, you can see the look on Jada’s face right after the joke about her. That looked like it crushed her. She looked at Will and he was laughing(be it fake or real laugh, it doesn’t matter). With that being said, I did not hear the sound of the slap. That part looked staged, but the reaction of Will and Jada looked real.

With VERY few exceptions, I doubt any actor, especially those that have been in the business for a long time, know how to actually fight. They have been coached to fake hit for decades. They have body guards for a reason.

I’m 50/50 on this one.

Comment

My TV hasn’t been turned for 3 days….looks like I missed out on some real entertainment.
            I’m sure when the wife gets home today I will be forced to watch what’s going on…..lol

Comment

Will Smith was laughing. His fake outrage is noted.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                Typical.......
                Why am I, not surprised.
                What's typical about it?

Comment

It looked real to me. The joke wasn't all that bad IMHO, and certainly wasn't worthy of the theatrics that Smith followed it up with.
                  If he had just walked up and slapped Rock, okay........but to sit there and holler out "Keep my wife's name out your F'ing mouth", not once but twice, was way over the top, and Will Smith came off looking like a *****. It should have been handled privately, and off camera.
                  Props to Chris Rock for taking that weak slap (not a punch), and brushing it off as nothing, like he did.

Comment

Put me down in the “staged” camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      I didn’t and haven’t watched the Oscar’s; but as I’m aware, it’s an awards show for the movie industry, not a Comedy Club where you go and attend with the understanding the comedian may pick on the crowd. These “Actors” and their spouses; as fake as most of them are, are also human. You crack a joke about my wife medical, physical condition at an awards banquet and you’re going to get a response.

Staged or not, regardless of his wife’s past cheating, it’s still his wife and his to defend….the whole “Love, HONOR and cherish” thing many married couples have forgotten. Maybe they’re working on it and it’s not our place to question.

Very well said.

It’s not her fault she has a medical condition that caused her hair loss.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        Will Smith was laughing. His fake outrage is noted.

DJ

He was laughing acause the race pimp was making fun of him...

Then he took a swipe at her medical condition, which should be off limits.

And for the record,, I wish ALL of them would choke on their egos.

Comment

yall eat this stuff up for breakfast so sad get your heads on straight

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                            yall eat this stuff up for breakfast so sad get your heads on straight
                            And yet, here you are commenting about what others comment about

Comment

Comment

The joke was in poor taste and it flopped. Crowd went "oof".
                                This wasn't a roast type situation where any joke goes.
                                I don't think it was staged and I don't blame Will for slapping him.

Comment

Working...
                                X