No announcement yet.

Comfortable Snake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my Danner Pronghorns. They couldn’t be any more comfortable.

Comment

chippewas Are the most uncomfortable snake boot you can buy. I wear mine all the time but they kill my feed and are super hot but I paid to much for them to not wear them. If you walk a lot do not spend the money on chips

Comment

I love my Justin’s.

Comment

Danner Sharptail. Most comfortable snake boot I have ever had.

Comment

I like the look of the Sharptails, how easy are they to get off and on?
            Also what about sizing? I wear D in tennis shoes and my cowboy boots are EE.

Comment

Rocky ultra light is what I’m wearing now. I’ve had them all, lace ups are the most comfortable to me and better for walking.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                Rocky ultra light is what I’m wearing now. I’ve had them all, lace ups are the most comfortable to me and better for walking.
                Agreed, I like the comfort of lace ups. I just can’t deal with picking sand burrs and cactus spines out of them. If it were not for that, lace ups would be the way for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                  I like the look of the Sharptails, how easy are they to get off and on?
                  Also what about sizing? I wear D in tennis shoes and my cowboy boots are EE.
                  They are quite easy to get off and on, and with the square toe, they fit wider feet well also

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
                    Looks like I waited too long though to get some on sale.
                    Seems like everybody is sold out of my size.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      Agreed, I like the comfort of lace ups. I just can’t deal with picking sand burrs and cactus spines out of them. If it were not for that, lace ups would be the way for me.
                      For hiking around Army Corps land like Lake Lavon and Lewisville Lake to hunt hogs, rubber pull up or lace up snake boots? First time bowhunting and starting with hogs Army Corps land. Never hiked in a rubber boot and have my reservations. Pros/Cons of rubber boots for covering ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Texicans View Post
                        For hiking around Army Corps land like Lake Lavon and Lewisville Lake to hunt hogs, rubber pull up or lace up snake boots? First time bowhunting and starting with hogs Army Corps land. Never hiked in a rubber boot and have my reservations. Pros/Cons of rubber boots for covering ground?
                        Comfort and snake boots don't seem to go together.

Rubber boots suck, but wet feet or leaking leather snake boots suck worse.

I have a pair of rubber snake boots I used at Laguna Atascosa earlier this month that I was impressed by, but I still hate rubber. Your feet will sweat, you'll get hotspots, and if you kill a hog and quarter it and pack it out, you'll have 0 ankle support in rubber.

That being said, they still beat the alternative, and I'd go the rubber route for Lavon. At Laguna I brought a second pair of socks (avoid cotton) and I also duct tape my heels along with any other hot spots that I get from wearing a boot.

Your other alternative is running some sort of snake chaps which im also not a huge fan of.

Comment

I dont understand all the people saying Chips are uncomfortable. Mine feel like tennis shoes and break in was no time at all. Do yall not wear socks or something? lol

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            I dont understand all the people saying Chips are uncomfortable. Mine feel like tennis shoes and break in was no time at all. Do yall not wear socks or something? lol
                            I agree with you on the boots being very comfortable once broke in. But it did take a bit to get them broke for me. Now they are more comfortable than most of my other shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                              I have Chips myself, and they're very much broken-in. I've read numerous threads on here and elsewhere, and I'd just have to say that you're in the minority. They're okay for short walk situations, but they suck if I have to walk very far in them.

Comment

Another vote for the Danner Pronghorn. Comfortable right out of the box. Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X