Parts Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts Shortage

So I hit a deer in my wife's 2021 Ford Bronco Sport on December 9th. Not a whole lot of damage, but it's still in the shop. All they're waiting on is a driver's side front fender, but they keep giving us arrival dates, then when that date comes saying it's back ordered.

I know there's a legit parts shortage, I'm just surprised it takes that long to get a fender. Any parts or body shop guys on here that have any thoughts? Or fenders for that matter lol?

I’m waiting on bumper parts for a Tundra…

Comment

We’re waiting on an engine for my wife’s Tahoe.

Comment

I’ve read about some cars getting totaled out due to no parts being available to fix them and extended rental car fees accruing if they were to fix it.

Comment

Took my wife's 2021 chevy 1500 in. Turns out it had bad lifters. Took 2 months, Nov 15 - Jan 15. 11,000 miles.

Comment

Had same problem over summer with my sons truck getting repairs at Body Shop to get a bumper. Took about 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jawarich View Post
              Took my wife's 2021 chevy 1500 in. Turns out it had bad lifters. Took 2 months, Nov 15 - Jan 15. 11,000 miles.
              I am really surprised they have recalled the LS lifters yet. All I keep hearing about is all the bent pushrods and lifter failures.

Comment

try running a heavy duty diesel shop these days

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                  I’ve read about some cars getting totaled out due to no parts being available to fix them and extended rental car fees accruing if they were to fix it.
                  This is what happened with my son's 2021 Kia K5. Car was still drivable with only external front end damage. 9 to 10 months wait for fenders, hood and grille/bumper. After 30 days the insurance totaled it and wrote him a check for $9k more than he paid for the car.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    try running a heavy duty diesel shop these days
                    Exactly, we have a 2019 Pete that has been sitting in Amarillo since 12/14 waiting on a sensor.

Comment

OP, it doesn't help that the Bronco is in such high demand right now. I do wonder if at some point the government will step in in regards to collusion between dealers and MFG's. I have a feeling dealers don't care because they are making money like never before, and MFG's are able to raise their prices as well. I also realize dealers are hundreds of independent shops, so I don't know if they could even pull off such a scheme.

The dealers and MFG's may not be colluding, but when two parties stand to gain lots of money with artificially inflated prices, it should be investigated.

Originally posted by jawarich View Post
                      No kidding. The new 5.3 is junk. I remember when GM came out with the new system design. They said it would fix all the lifter issues on the previous gen motor. I think the only thing they changed is the acronym they used to describe the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        I am really surprised they have recalled the LS lifters yet. All I keep hearing about is all the bent pushrods and lifter failures.
                        Heck I thought the new Chevy's had this fixed? My 2014 Yukon had to have a complete upper motor rebuild because of this. I thought they changed something on the later year models, Guess not!

If I was buying new I would have to look else where for a vehicle for sure. Chevy has went way down hill!

Comment

There are 9 on

car-part.com

Comment

Some folks just wake up or something……..this has been a thing, for a while (both supply chain issues and Chevy being junk now)……..

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Some folks just wake up or something……..this has been a thing, for a while (both supply chain issues and Chevy being junk now)……..
                              Head in the sand, until they have a reason to pull it out, then it's like Oh ****!
                              Welcome to the New America.

Comment

Working...
                              X