Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drone with Thermal Camera for Locating Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
    Who would have thought using technology to count animals would be illegal. Crazy time to be alive.
    The main goal is to prevent Bubba from lying his azz off and saying "Naw I was just takin' pikchers I wudd'nt gone shoot em!!!" so they have to cover all their bases.

I don't know how tough it is to get the permits but it must be doable.

Native wildlife doesn't belong to the landowner so the state gets to dictate the rules.

Comment

Someone should make something that throws food out at a certain time to help us hunt the game we are after. We could make millions!

Just messing with you. TPWD has is covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
        Or we could actually just hunt...
        I do. Barefoot, dressed in a loincloth, with my longbow in hand holding my skinning knife in my teeth.
        Last edited by Hoggslayer; 10-10-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          I do, barefoot dressed in a lioncloth with my longbow in hand holding my skinning knife in my teeth.
          Longbows are too high tech... atlatl or nothing

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
            Crazy time to be alive.
            Nah... it's actually pretty mundane.

Bay of Pigs, WW II, the Civil War-- those were crazy times.

Comment

Longbows are too high tech... atlatl or nothing
              My wife hunts with a Atlatl. My loincloth is made from a moose scrotum that I harvested from a bull while he was mating.

Comment

I wouldn't want to test it.

Drone offenses have a really pesky way of becoming federal offenses.
                Drones are aircraft which the FAA oversees, thus making them federal offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Drones are aircraft which the FAA oversees, thus making them federal offenses.

Absolutely. It also means that it’s a federal crime to shoot one out of the air even if it’s invading your privacy (assuming the pilot isn’t violating any FAA regulations)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drone with Thermal Camera for Locating Deer?

Looks like TPWD pretty much covered the drone question. Guess you could fly a kite with a Thermal camera on it. Always more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm sure they would get you for that also.

I’m thinking weather balloon on a string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife hunts with a Atlatl. My loincloth is made from a moose scrotum that I harvested from a bull while he was mating.
                      Pics or it didn’t happen

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                        Pics or it didn’t happen
                        Sorry, I didn't have any pockets on my loincloth to hold my phone.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Only counts as trad if you got it while he was finishing.

Comment

What about flying one around in the early spring and scouting out where some oak trees might be located on public hunting land?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                              What about flying one around in the early spring and scouting out where some oak trees might be located on public hunting land?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                              Depends, some federal lands dont allow drone flight at all, not sure about state. Id check the regs, if it's legal to fly then you should be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                                so you can count deer out of a helicopter, but you can't count them with a drone? These are the times I'm glad we have government to guide us...
                                E X A C T L Y my first thought upon reading the statute. I've been fortunate to hunt some awfully nice ranches and they ALL, without exception, conducted wildlife/deer surveys from the air.

I wonder if the permit is issued to the helicopter operator or the landowner or both? I also wonder what are the exact qualifications of an applicant to be issued a permit??

Also, if a landowner isn't hunting in any way, shape, or form it's certainly a governmental invasion of landowner rights to tell them they can't survey their legally owned property via the air.... IMOP.
                                Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-10-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X