Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drone with Thermal Camera for Locating Deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    so you can count deer out of a helicopter, but you can't count them with a drone? These are the times I'm glad we have government to guide us...
    Not without the permits according to the way the law is worded.

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    It should be legal to recover animals. I realize people would try to exploit this as a loophole, but, in the presence of evidence of having hit an animal (hair, blood, etc.) it should be legal.
    I agree with this 100%, I don't think there should be any limits to tech for recovering animals that have been shot, that's way different than locating them to shoot.

Comment

There's the full legalese

https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tl oc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=31&pt=2&ch=65&rl=152

Comment

I am not trying to make a case for doing this, just saying that I have seen videos of people doing it. Feral pigs werent a great example, so how about fish?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by atx_hunter View Post
          Not to start a holy war, but "just hunt" is very subjective. Some folks don't think that "hunting" high fenced areas is really hunting, some think that "hunting" over a feeder isn't really hunting, and others think that using game cams is cheating. Using a drone is definitely not something I plan on doing, but others may feel differently.
          pretty sure most people here knows what he means.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            I am not trying to make a case for doing this, just saying that I have seen videos of people doing it. Feral pigs werent a great example, so how about fish?
            Lots of folks smoke pot on the ol youtubes... still illegal. lol

Fish are wildlife too.

Comment

I’m not a self bow with flint broad heads guy but somewhere in there it ceases to be hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Lots of folks smoke pot on the ol youtubes... still illegal. lol

Fish are wildlife too.
                What about "invasive" fish species?

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                  What about "invasive" fish species?
                  Your guess is as good as mine... not sure if they would fall under "exotic wildlife" but I wouldn't want to have to explain to the warden either way.

Comment

The guys filming all these outdoors shows in Texas are in a heap of trouble!

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                      They likely have all the relevant permits. According to Randy Newberg the various filming permits are a pretty large expense for filming a TV show.

....or they are breaking the law and just haven't gotten busted. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
                        maybe they have the required permits.

Comment

Haven't we already had 10 or 15 of these threads?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                            For the clicking impaired-

"Except with permits issued by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, the use of drones to hunt, drive, capture, take, count or photograph any wildlife is unlawful. This includes locating wounded animals as well."
                            Who would have thought using technology to count animals would be illegal. Crazy time to be alive.

Comment

Flying a drone at night is illegal. That's FAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                Flying a drone at night is illegal. That's FAA rules.
                                You can get a waiver: https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_o...t_107_waivers/

Comment

Working...
                                X