Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to buy 300 Turkeys for Thanksgiving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only on TBH can politics get brought into a thread about a church org needing help.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      Only on TBH can politics get brought into a thread about a church org needing help.
      That's what you get when you ask a bunch of Turkeys about Turkeys.

Comment

I'm in the meat business, but I am out of raw turkeys for this year. I'm in Yoakum, TX (farmpac.com) and our truck is in Houston every Tuesday. I could do smoked turkeys but again they're going to be somewhere in the $2.10 per pound range, rather than a raw turkey that's $1.00 per pound. I book all my turkeys in April so if you are going to do this every year, let me know how I can help. I buy direct from slaughter plants, so price should be pretty competitive.

Comment

I'm no help to you, OP, but all this talk about Greenberg turkeys reminds me just how bad they are.

Comment

Originally posted by tkusak View Post
            I'm in the meat business, but I am out of raw turkeys for this year. I'm in Yoakum, TX (farmpac.com) and our truck is in Houston every Tuesday. I could do smoked turkeys but again they're going to be somewhere in the $2.10 per pound range, rather than a raw turkey that's $1.00 per pound. I book all my turkeys in April so if you are going to do this every year, let me know how I can help. I buy direct from slaughter plants, so price should be pretty competitive.
            I'll keep you in mind. So far the best price I've got for raw is $1.19 delivered. I'm sure its because we waited until last minute.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
              Yep. 300 is easy. This place could supply 3000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yep not far from our office.

I think they sell 3000 per hr on the days leading up to thanksgiving. Its ridiculous!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                Yep. 300 is easy. This place could supply 3000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I drove by years ago about 3 days before Thankgiving, and the number of UPS and Fedex trucks lined up to pickup birds was unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                X