Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed on type of truck to move a D5/D6 dozer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    If I were getting back in the dozer game I would either get the biggest I could legally haul on a gooseneck or the biggest I could get moved without a permit.

And get an excavator with a thumb on it!
    This right here. I've notices that most of the big trees being cleared around Houston have been with a big excavator with a thumb. They reach up as high as they can and break them off then pull out the stump and trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
      This right here. I've notices that most of the big trees being cleared around Houston have been with a big excavator with a thumb. They reach up as high as they can and break them off then pull out the stump and trunk.
      I already have my eye on a sweet Cat excavator. I want that way more than a dozer. I’m just getting calls for jobs that would require a dozer to be done efficiently. The plan is to get both within the next year. I want that excavator so bad I’d **** near be willing to live in it.....lol!! I guess I’m just weird, but there is no other piece of equipment that I love more than a decent sized excavator. You can pretty much do anything with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        I already have my eye on a sweet Cat excavator. I want that way more than a dozer. I’m just getting calls for jobs that would require a dozer to be done efficiently. The plan is to get both within the next year. I want that excavator so bad I’d **** near be willing to live in it.....lol!! I guess I’m just weird, but there is no other piece of equipment that I love more than a decent sized excavator. You can pretty much do anything with them.
        I wanna get in one with one of those mulching/grinding wheel attachments just to do a few trees, I'm kinda weird that way, I wanna see the destruction!

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
          Hire someone to move it when needed and tack that on to the job estimate. Maintenance and monthly payment aren’t worth it considering you only get paid when it moves anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a D6 moved about 25 miles to my house, and it's gonna cost me $1,000

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I'd have to just drive it for 1k

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

They having to deadhead a long way to get to you or something?

That should be a $400 move.

Comment

Originally posted by atfulldraw View Post
                you could also have just gone down to the local rv dealer and asked a salesman. They are all experts on towing capacities.
                lol

Comment

Working...
                X