No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well kids won another game. 6-5. They are playing to their opponent this week. Kid will pitch tomorrow at the Lakepoint Complex. Can’t go over 45 pitches. Then he is starting a game on Friday for a team coming in. We will fly out Friday. Be good to sleep in my own bed. We will be on a 14 day run with baseball. Three different cities but have got to sleep in my own bed twice.

Comment

We have our first 9U tournament this weekend, and it’s going to be a disaster lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        We have our first 9U tournament this weekend, and it’s going to be a disaster lol.

Yeah. It’s brutal. Walk, steal second, steal third, passed ball, steal home. Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          Yeah. It’s brutal. Walk, steal second, steal third, passed ball, steal home. Repeat.

And we are not as prepared as I would like. I’ve tried to prep the kids, I hope they don’t get too discouraged. I’m confident mine won’t, and I told them all to get ready for a different type of game.

Comment

Keys to winning at 9U:
            Good catcher.. like one that doesnt let anything by him good. Backstop is the enemy.

Pitcher that can throw strikes.

First baseman than can catch and dig out balls.

Secondary leads.

Slide. Always..always Slide.

Comment

You guys that are getting to the 15 and up age range need to make sure your organization schedules the PG world Series for their graduating class. It’s in Atlanta right now. Lots of kids get looks here. We have had at least 7 or 8 kids that have offers on the table from this tournament from this organization and not sure how many are now on radar or offers will come soon. Schools from all over the nation are here and not one game is not attended by coaches looking to fill spots. I’ll take some pics today. The two to make sure your kids organization focuses on are PG and PBR in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                You guys that are getting to the 15 and up age range need to make sure your organization schedules the PG world Series for their graduating class. It’s in Atlanta right now. Lots of kids get looks here. We have had at least 7 or 8 kids that have offers on the table from this tournament from this organization and not sure how many are now on radar or offers will come soon. Schools from all over the nation are here and not one game is not attended by coaches looking to fill spots. I’ll take some pics today. The two to make sure your kids organization focuses on are PG and PBR in my opinion
                Thanks for sharing Glen.

My son's team is playing mostly PG and Five tool tourneys so far...

We also wanted to pick one Combine / showcase event to get some numbers on paper that are certified and posted. His coach has him at a 6.6 in the 60 and 4.0 home to first with a swing. His velo should be low 80s in the field.

PG, PBR, 5tool all offer this type of event, but the date for the Baseball america event was the best fit for a date.

You mentioned PG and PBR. Any thoughts / experience with Five Tool or Baseball America?

Comment

I am headed out Friday with my 15U boy. He is going to throw 30 pitches in Houston on Friday at UH with his 15U team, then head down to help out one of our 17U teams with 30 pitches on Sunday and a full outing on Tuesday at the 17U PG BCS Championships, then he is joining his team at the 15U PG WWBA in Atlanta next Friday. Fun times and lots of good baseball

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Keys to winning at 9U:
                    Good catcher.. like one that doesnt let anything by him good. Backstop is the enemy.

We have all of those...unfortunately they are all the same kid.

Comment

Dale. Hop them up on suicide colas and skittles and hope for the best

Comment

We have all of those...unfortunately they are all the same kid.
                        Lol!

Comment

It'll be fun! Whatever you do don't teach your boys to win by bush league base running! It works at 9, but won't in a year or two. Seen tons of teams run crazy at 9-10 and win everything then at 11-12 they are lost and way behind. Also remember that the "stud" coach pitch and machine hitters may very well shut smooth down with kids throwing at them. Have fun with it and good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info Glen!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                              Keys to winning at 9U:

Secondary leads.

Slide. Always..always Slide.
                              Solid advice! Good luck finding a 9u catcher that blocks..... they're out there, but are rare!

Comment

This is how Lakepoint is set up. The tower is for coaches, scouts, and agents. There are others walking around and mostly around the center of the four fields. Tower has 4 fields around it. Two towers 8 fields. Every pitch is radar, and everything is timed. We are done. Lost first game and won out. Didn’t make the tournament as didn’t win bracket. Team from DR will represent our bracket. Kid is staying until Friday and throwing opening game for another team and we are flying home. I think at TCU or DBU next weekend
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X