Trade or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade or Not

I'm kinda getting new truck fever. I've got a 2006 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins. Its got 214,000 miles on it. Last rear replaced front ball joints, front bearings and rear seals. No rust and interior is good with no cracks or rattles in dash.

Last month I drove it to Maine and back and it performed flawlessly. Only thing I'm towing these days is a 17' aluminum bass boat.

I've been looking at a new Ford F-150 with the 5.0 V-8, or possibly a new Ram 1500.

I'm limping mine along till next year to check out the 2022 Tundra.

Outta those I would pick the F150, I"m not a goat fan.

Comment

The 2006 cummins commands a premium due to less emissions crap on them and the mega cab also gets a premium. You might want to consider selling it vs trading it in if you do get a new vehicle.

Comment

Man those new Toyotas are looking cool

Comment

Details on the truck. Is it 4x4 ?

Comment

Trade ins get you some sales tax advantages. Might not be enough to offset private sale.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter87 View Post
              Details on the truck. Is it 4x4 ?
              It is a 4x4. If I decide to sell it, I won't list it on TBH as I'm in Virginia.

Comment

Ya know what the difference between a Ram truck driver and Ford truck driver is after 12 hours on the road? The Ram owner can still walk.

My Ram was in the shop for weeks (offroad upgrades) and i was driving a rental F150. It was hell. My back ached every drive. I've been driving Ram trucks for years...I drive em into the ground and then get another. My company has a fleet of Ford Transits, they suck.

Comment

O6 cummins,4x4,and a megacab..I'd sell it.Those sucker's are selling for a mint.If you can find one.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                    I'm kinda getting new truck fever. I've got a 2006 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins. Its got 214,000 miles on it. Last rear replaced front ball joints, front bearings and rear seals. No rust and interior is good with no cracks or rattles in dash.

Last month I drove it to Maine and back and it performed flawlessly. Only thing I'm towing these days is a 17' aluminum bass boat.

I've been looking at a new Ford F-150 with the 5.0 V-8, or possibly a new Ram 1500.
                    Until you reach the point where your repair bills are more than the note on a new one, pass. Cars are a depreciating asset. Once paid off, keep making "payments" but pay them to your investments instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                      Until you reach the point where your repair bills are more than the note on a new one, pass. Cars are a depreciating asset. Once paid off, keep making "payments" but pay them to your investments instead.
                      I'm retired, 74 years old. I'm enjoying my money, not investing it.

Comment

I'm retired, 74 years old. I'm enjoying my money, not investing it.
                        With that in mind, you could sell that truck for a premium in the right area. You'd have no problem getting top dollar down here. Guess you would just have to see in your area.

I'm a drive it until it flat out dies guy but since you are at the point financially of enjoying what you have put back....go get ya new one and enjoy that new truck smell.

Comment

Make sure you drive them both. I did and it was the Ram hands down for comfort and better interior. While I like the look of the Ram, I still like the Ford better in that dept.

Comment

Working...
                          X