Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    Anyone get lodging? I am looking to find a house or something down there for the 11/20 hunt.

if you find a place for a different hunt date, let me know & I can see if it is available for 11/20
    Seaway village in arroyo city has some small apartments we stay there

Comment

I plan on hunting the entire time. Headed down on 18th for scouting weekend.

Comment

I think I found a place for my group.

you guys know you can go down there anytime to hike & bike. Just pay the 3.00 day fee and knock your self out. I am heading down there end of October to bird watch.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
          Port isla inn and white sands in port isabel. Executive suite in Laguna vista. White

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
          I second Port Isla Inn - clean and full size kitchen

Don’t go to Executive Suite Inn - the owner over charged me and then accused me of having a couple of women staying with me ... I told him I wish lol!! Turns out it was the guys next to us that were there for a bbq cook off or something like that

Comment

I’m still pending...come on I’m sure there are some of you that don’t really want this hunt and the hard work (hiking/biking, dealing with mosquitoes/snakes) it requires... just don’t confirm so I can go!! Haha just kidding- but I’ve pasted the times you need to not confirm
            Attached Files

Comment

I will be headed down for my 4th trip this year, hopefully I get lucky this year, been close a couple times but have yet to harvest anything

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                I’m still pending...come on I’m sure there are some of you that don’t really want this hunt and the hard work (hiking/biking, dealing with mosquitoes/snakes) it requires... just don’t confirm so I can go!! Haha just kidding- but I’ve pasted the times you need to not confirm
                X2. Need a couple guys to back out and give me a chance at a 2nd draw

Comment

We drew the 12/4 hunt. You fellas in the first 2 hunt periods leave us a few.[emoji6] Goodluck to everyone

Comment

This will be my 3rd trip.

1st time I walked. It worked and I had plenty of opportunities, but I spent so much time just trying to get where I was headed.

2nd time I biked. Improved my ability to reach my target areas and not waste the 1st hour of daylight speed walking down the gravel, but the mesquite thorns... I think I averaged 1.5 flats/day. [emoji35]

3rd times the charm? [emoji1696]this time I’m really ready... now running tubeless tires and I added this game cart/bike trailer from Sherpa. Great guy and great customer service, btw.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                      This will be my 3rd trip.

1st time I walked. It worked and I had plenty of opportunities, but I spent so much time just trying to get where I was headed.

2nd time I biked. Improved my ability to reach my target areas and not waste the 1st hour of daylight speed walking down the gravel, but the mesquite thorns... I think I averaged 1.5 flats/day. [emoji35]

3rd times the charm? [emoji1696]this time I’m really ready... now running tubeless tires and I added this game cart/bike trailer from Sherpa. Great guy and great customer service, btw.

Good luck to everyone!
                      Nice rig, can you post a bigger picture? Just kidding...

Seriously though that's a nice rig and I like how your cart is attached with a cable I bet that's super quiet and flexible.

Are you running tubeless or airless?

I am working on gearing up for this my first year I drew the deer / nilgai tag. It looks like I am going to be a solo hunter and I think I am going to just tent camp.

Comment

Nice fire extinguisher mounts! I'm guessing that's for extra water?

After reading your previous posts and now this one, I'm understanding the importance of not wasting time. I had planned on hiking in, but if I can bike and arrive at destination earlier and in less sweat, I like that.

Nice setup. Believe I will play copy cat.

Comment

FlyGuy - nice setup! I used to mt. bike and it looks like your rig costs more than my car

Seriously - I hope you bag a nice looking bull - LAWR is definitely a serious hunt and it takes time to learn the in's and out's - hopefully if I get drawn I'm taking my fat tire (the bike and maybe the beers for later )

Comment

you guys know you can go down there anytime to hike & bike. Just pay the 3.00 day fee and knock your self out. I am heading down there end of October to bird watch.
                            Any idea if this general access approach gets you access to all or some of the the hunting areas?

Comment

I think I remember reading that you have to stay on the paths/trails unless it is during a hunt/scouting days, does anyone know if that is the case?

Comment

Originally posted by gdouty View Post
                                Any idea if this general access approach gets you access to all or some of the the hunting areas?
                                That, I don't know.

Originally posted by whirlybird View Post
                                I think I remember reading that you have to stay on the paths/trails unless it is during a hunt/scouting days, does anyone know if that is the case?
                                do Nilgai trails count

Comment

Working...
                                X