Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buc-ee’s suing Sugar Land Business Owner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buc-ee’s suing Sugar Land Business Owner.

Don’t get the beaver mad at you.

Buc-ee's has its beaver teeth set on a "Bukys" in Rosenberg and El Campo in their latest lawsuit claiming the store has several similarities.

Texas mega-chain Buc-ee's is suing a Sugar Land man over claims that his “Buky's” gas station and convenience stores are “confusingly similar” to the brand’s famous logo.
    Attached Files

And they might win. That’s the Golden Rule at work……..them that’s got the gold make the rules !

Comment

There's a Buckees convenience store near my office, but the logo is blue.

Comment

Done before

I doubt that this buck’y will have the cash , but buc-ees has lost this claim before

Comment

I find it hard to believe people are confusing this corner store with a gas station the size of a super Wal Mart. Lighten up Francis

Comment

Done before

.bucky’s has worse selection of fuel

Bucky's Fuels
            Ethanol Gasoline 87 Octane
            Ethanol Gasoline 93 Octane
            Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel
            Ethanol Gasoline E85 (flex fuel)
            Ethanol Blend E-15
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-27-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
              I find it hard to believe people are confusing this corner store with a gas station the size of a super Wal Mart. Lighten up Francis
              You're overestimating the intelligence of about half of the country.

Comment

They also have small stores

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  There's a Buckees convenience store near my office, but the logo is blue.
                  Located ? There’s four or five
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 10-27-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

They even sue people who quit working for them.

Buc-ee's has become Texas' most famous convenient store and gas station, making for an almost luxurious pit-stop. So, why are they suing a former employee?

Comment

I totally agree. Rubbermaid went after Brute Coolers and won. Anyone here gonna confuse a trashcan with a cooler? No. That's just how the system works. Luckily I got 3 or 4 Brutes before the name change and a couple of Bisons after the change.

Comment

Unless Buky's came first, or the owners name is Buky....then I would think they are definitely trying to capitalize on the Buccees popularity. Not sure what the legal ramifications are for doing that.

Comment

The guy clearly did it to associate himself to Buc-ees or profit off their likeness. Dumb on his part thinking they would let it slide, unless he was there long before.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            They even sue people who quit working for them.

https://texashillcountry.com/buc-ees...rmer-employee/
                            *People who breech their agreed upon contract with them

Comment

They sued a place in Bryan a few years ago that was called Chick's IIRC because it was similar store to Buc'ees. Not sure if Chick's lost or just didn't have the money to fight it. Not a Buc'ees fan. I'm a fan of free enterprise but not monopoly.

Comment

Working...
                              X