Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send me the VIN & I can look it up for you

Comment

what was your neighbors name, I can check the Secretary of State UCC's for you?

Comment

you can get a bonded title. they will send a registered letter to the last registered owner (if it isnt stolen). catch is, if the registered owner comes to claim it, its theres and youre out some $.

Comment

Many, many trailers in texas aren't titled.

Comment

also, as stated above, if it is a factory made trailer and you put home made plates on it, it can be seized and you may face some criminal charges. contact your local auto theft deputy/ investigator and have them find the hidden VIN.

Comment

I would think the neighbor who owns the house would have to file for title based on the debt that's owed to him. Then he could sell it to you. It might be easier to find the guy who left it there and ask him... If the title is clear, he might be happy to give it to his former landlord for what he owes. And it would be legal!

Comment

Originally posted by glennp View Post
                Send me the VIN & I can look it up for you
                There you go

Comment

Thanks for all the help!! Got all the info. If the trailer is still there when the property owner gets back from Australia, I'll talk to him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTailHunter View Post
                    Go to your local county barn or tax assessor office tell them it's home made and then the length, width and approximate load capacity and they should give you some plates and a sticker, saves a lot of courthouse visiting and paperwork. Unless there's a lean holder might cause some issues
                    Do NOT do this!

Good way to lose a trailer and get a ticket for towing an unregistered trailer.

Comment

Working...
                    X