Zombie Deer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie Deer??

This was posted on FB yesterday in United Blood Trackers. Buzz and Maggie are UBT certified dogs that tracked this deer that was bow shot at the beginning of October. A young man shot it with his rifle on October 16 in the lungs. The heart had indeed been hit with an arrow but did not penetrate the cavity.

The tracker said the rifle hunter noted the buck was acting sickly, weak and dragging his feet.
    Attached Files

Amazingly tough critters.....glad they were able to finally seal the deal.

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

That’s insane.

Comment

That’s crazy, I guess the broadbead didn’t cut deep enough into the heart to open a chamber so it wasn’t anything more than just a flesh wound.

Comment

Amazing & more proof that they are tough animals!

Comment

Causes some questions…
              Not to start a BH debate, but I wonder if this was a new BH?
              Was it razor sharp?

Comment

Jogger17 helped me trail a perfectly shot deer several years ago. We ended up getting him fresh dead 30 hours and 1.5miles later. Heart was cut almost identical. Both lungs hit as well. Crazy things happen.

Comment

thats crazy

Comment

Crazy what they can endure

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                      Causes some questions…
                      Not to start a BH debate, but I wonder if this was a new BH?
                      Was it razor sharp?
                      I don't know and my question was what was the draw weight? What kind of kinetic energy was in the arrow when it hit?

Still, pretty amazing.

Comment

Dull broadhead was my first thought, a dull head just does not make them bleed like a sharpe broadhead does.

Comment

Grim reaper whitetail special 2” wouldn’t have this issue

Comment

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                              That’s crazy, I guess the broadbead didn’t cut deep enough into the heart to open a chamber so it wasn’t anything more than just a flesh wound.
                              Exactly. I shot one that I thought was the perfect heart shot. Luckily it was in an open field and watched it run out about 100 or so yards and just stand there. I could see blood all down its chest and leg. It took at least 10 minutes for it to finally lay down and die. The entire time I was wondering ***. When I pulled the heart out for a look, I had hit the heart but only the muscle part of it. Didnt hit any of the arteries in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X