X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer decking ?

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
    Where can you the milled creosote?

They are milled telephone poles . Place outside of Wharton sells them .

Comment

I have treated on all my trailers and brush them with used oil once a year

Comment

I can get wood milled any thickness I want . 2in thick will be about 50 to 75 bucks more the 1-1/2 . Just have to check it they will slide in the lip .

Comment

Creosote will long outlast the treated junk they sell nowadays.

Comment

would like to know were to get some creosote boards up in my neck of the woods... or aluminum bleacher's would be great as well lite and durable

Comment

I’d go with treated but I agree with everyone else that it’s not anywhere close to the quality of the older stuff. I’ve got trailers that are only a few years old and their getting pretty rough looking already, we just replaced the boards on one and we soaked the boards in a combination of diesel and old motor oil before installing them. Time will tell how it holds up but I I tried the creosote boards on a small trailer about 7 years ago and it got greasy feeling on hot summer days. It held up pretty good but I’d never do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                would like to know were to get some creosote boards up in my neck of the woods... or aluminum bleacher's would be great as well lite and durable

I found this guy on Facebook marketplace .

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                  I’d go with treated but I agree with everyone else that it’s not anywhere close to the quality of the older stuff. I’ve got trailers that are only a few years old and their getting pretty rough looking already, we just replaced the boards on one and we soaked the boards in a combination of diesel and old motor oil before installing them. Time will tell how it holds up but I I tried the creosote boards on a small trailer about 7 years ago and it got greasy feeling on hot summer days. It held up pretty good but I’d never do it again.

I do the oil/diesel mix on my trailer . This one is my dads and it’s kinda been neglected. When he bought it it just had pine painted boards . Then my nephew put pine scaffold boards on top of rotten boards . And they lasted less then a year .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    I found this guy on Facebook marketplace .

Comment

Treated Lumber!!

Comment

Trailer decking ?

Ended up going with treated . Dad said I’m 76 they will last his life time . Got a good start on it . Down to the last board . Have to rip it down to fit . Had some good helpers today . I think the dog put in more work .

Just a little tip . Pre drill the holes using trailer deck screws. Much easier .
                        Last edited by Strummer; 11-05-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X