Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greenberg turkey tyler tx?

never try one, they any good?

They’re not bad but nothing comes close to a fried tourney IMO! We do 2-3 at thanksgiving. Usually have 1 just to cut up for leftover turkey sandwiches!!

Comment

They are the best smoked turkey you can buy retail. There may be other people that can do a good smoked turkey, but Greenberg sets the bar for retail turkeys. We get one every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. However, they had a big fire last year before Thanksgiving, I’m not sure if they have been able to rebuild and get back to 100% capacity for this year yet. Check with them to verify

Comment

Best smoked turkey you will eat. No they aren’t a fried turkey they are drier then a fried one. But I’m a Greenberg man all the way. Put the slices on white bread with Mayo the next day!!

Comment

I’ve been a place or two and can cook. IMO it’s one of the best turkeys out there.

Comment

Yep!

Comment

They are incredibly good in my opinion. We get one or two every year.

Comment

I’ll be the one ! They are Sahara Desert dry. I used to get them given to me at Christmas time and I gave every one of them away after the first two or three. We found a guy near Longview that smoked turkeys and hams that did a good job but I can’t remember his name. I’m lots of help ….

Comment

Ha ! I just thought of it, McChesney’s Meats. Google them.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I’ll be the one ! They are Sahara Desert dry. I used to get them given to me at Christmas time and I gave every one of them away after the first two or three. We found a guy near Longview that smoked turkeys and hams that did a good job but I can’t remember his name. I’m lots of help ….
                    Well, you beat me to it. I've only had one once and it was like eating a piece of smokey cardboard. A lot of people seem to enjoy them, so maybe I got a bad one. Work offers us a Greenberg or a ham for Christmas. I always get the ham.

Comment

They sell a heck of a lot of them so someone loves them!

My opinion is they are pretty good on sandwiches or made into the pate recipe that comes with them, but just to eat it is like eating cotton balls mixed with cigar ashes…way dry and way too Smokey!

Comment

They are already out of 15 pounders. Just ordered a 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          They are already out of 15 pounders. Just ordered a 14.
                          That’s one less pound of cardboard you have to eat.

JK man, everyone’s taste is different, hope you like them.

Comment

If you like a SMOKED bird then you can't go wrong here, they are HEAVY SMOKED, but lots of folks like them that way.

Comment

I love them, but like others have said; you really need to like a SMOKED turkey. They aren't like the ones who advertise as a smoked turkey but then taste like its oven baked.

Comment

Working...
                              X